PDA

View Full Version : Trip report 1/21 - Our Wedding Anniversary!

yohomama212
01-22-2007, 07:31 AM
DH and I enjoyed several hours, just the two of us, at the park yesterday. After all the whirlwind trips we've been taking with the kids, it was nice to take it slow and not be tied to a stroller or regular potty breaks (except my pregnant bladder kept trying to annoy me early on in the day)! Our first stop was City Hall, we got our "Happy Anniversary" pins. DH wanted to ride the DL Railroad, so we went on up to take the full trip. The conductor saw our pins and said he'd see what he could do for us. By the time we got back to the Main Street Station, we had decided we were going to go on to NOS for HM (DH's fave ride). the conductor asked us where we were going, then asked us to follow her to the car at the back of the train. We got to ride the Lilly Belle! I was in uber-geek mode at that point. I have heard so many things here about the Lilly Belle and I was actually riding it now! Okay, geek moment over, we rode HM, then POTC (my fave ride). We grabbed whipped floats at the Tiki Room and enjoyed the show. We explored some of the pin trading carts and stores, DH got a bit upset that there are very few NBC pins left in the park. We rode Snow White and Mr. Toad and wandered around some of the shops in Fantasyland. It was almost time for our dinner reservation, so we wandered back to NOS, peeked into some of the shops again, then checked in at the Blue Bayou. We got a waterside table! I ordered the Pork Chop and DH got the Prime Rib. Both were wonderful. (If it's really true that the food quality has taken a dive at the BB, then I can't even imagine how great it was before. We were both very pleased.) We passed on dessert there due to a new forming tradition for us, though the couple seated next to us, also enjoying their anniversary ordered the Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat and it looked yummy! We got the AP pin too. We had noticed all through dinner that there were very few riders on POTC, so we rode again and got our own boat this time! It was about 8:00, so we found a cozy spot on the ROA, and settled in for F!. "Due to unpredictable and unusually high winds, tonight's performance of Fantasmic! has been cancelled." Oh well, it was a nice rest. We hopped back on the Railroad, took it to Tommorrow Land, peeked in the Star Trader to see the geek stuff for DH, then wandered on to Main Street. We were trying to agree on matching sweatshirts or jackets for each other, but went through several stores and just couldn't do it. We left the park, went in to WOD store, found t-shirts we could agree on then hunted down cute pins to commemorate the day. Finally, we went home. I was dead tired at that point, and just glad to be home. We went straight to bed and talked about our day til we fell asleep in each other's arms!

Thanks to everyone for their helpful ideas! Our special day was made extra special by all your thoughts!

Liz :cool:

yellowrosedtxn
01-22-2007, 08:39 AM
That sounds like a lovely anniversary. One of these days, I hope to be able to have an anniversary like that (first I have to get married...)

Thanks for the report!
Shelley