PDA

View Full Version : Disney dollar questions

Pages : [1] 2

hickorydickory
01-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Do they accept disney dollars everywhere including all of Downtown Disney? My DD has her own money and I wanted to get her Disney $ to spend instead of just plain cash.
What denominations do the bills come in?
I have some $ somewhere that are around 10 years old are they still valid?
Can I buy them anywhere ahead of time?

DizneyMommy
01-22-2007, 07:16 AM
I believe denominations are basically the same as regular cash, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100

Disney dollars do not expire, I have used some pretty old ones, but I went to City Hall to check first just to be safe and they traded them out for new ones.

You can buy them at the Disney store in your local mall, and World of Disney store in Downtown Disney.

Malcon10t
01-22-2007, 09:20 AM
I believe denominations are basically the same as regular cash, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100

Disney dollars do not expire, I have used some pretty old ones, but I went to City Hall to check first just to be safe and they traded them out for new ones.

You can buy them at the Disney store in your local mall, and World of Disney store in Downtown Disney.They have 1 (with Ariel), 5 (aurora), and 10s (Cinderella). They also have 50s at the park, but generally the Disney Stores (Childrens Place) don't have them. (50s only came out for the 50th anniversary, I have 3 "special" ones that won't be spent!) There are no 100s, and I don't think there is a 20.

Before you trade in an "old" one, you might check what it will go for on eBay. My $50s are worth about $200 each.

DizneyMommy
01-23-2007, 03:21 PM
DARN! We had a couple of those 50's from Christmas last year and I could have sworn they always have 50's and so I spent them! Bummer!

Malcon10t
01-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Actually, other than being framed, mine is like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Charles-Boyer-Signed-Framed-50th-Disney-Dollar-50-LE_W0QQitemZ170071786431QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1379QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But they are stating that he only signed 100 and there were closer to 500 signed, to my knowledge.

Katran
01-24-2007, 08:02 AM
They have 1 (with Ariel), 5 (aurora), and 10s (Cinderella).

We just bought some from our local Disney Store, and our 1's have Stitch and our 5's have Donald Duck.

Malcon10t
01-24-2007, 08:09 AM
We just bought some from our local Disney Store, and our 1's have Stitch and our 5's have Donald Duck.I'm sorry... I should have clarified. The ones at the park will be the above. It is the 2007 series. The Disney Stores usually carry the prior years versions until about summer (they change yearly.)

cstephens
01-24-2007, 08:09 AM
We just bought some from our local Disney Store, and our 1's have Stitch and our 5's have Donald Duck.

The Disney Dollars that Malcon10t mention just came out about a week or so ago, so the Disney Store probably hasn't gotten the new ones yet and is still going through their stash of ones from last year.

Katran
01-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Ahhh, I see. I bought mine in December. I wondered if the ones at the parks were different than at the stores or something.

After double-checking, I see that mine are date-stamped 2005! Wow, I guess they really are going through old stock, lol!

Petersgj
01-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Is there a place to buy the new issues Disney Dollars online?

hlbtimes2
01-24-2007, 12:01 PM
I dont believe you can buy them online. YOu can, however, buy gift cards online. I think if you call Disney delivers you can order them over the phone. I dont the number, but if you use the search function here on the board it should pull it right up.

Malcon10t
01-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Is there a place to buy the new issues Disney Dollars online?eBay.

mask41
01-24-2007, 02:00 PM
This may sound like a silly question, but if I give each of my boy's a $50 disney bill, will they receive change in disney dollars or regular us currency from DL shops?
We are leaving on Easter morning for our trip I am coming up with ideas for their Easter baskets - disney dollars, pool toys, train ride toys - yippee!!
-Amy

cstephens
01-24-2007, 06:17 PM
This may sound like a silly question, but if I give each of my boy's a $50 disney bill, will they receive change in disney dollars or regular us currency from DL shops?

They will probably get change in regular US currency as most shops don't have their own supply of Disney Dollars. If you're at a counter that happens to sell Disney Dollars, you could request your change in Disney Dollars.

Malcon10t
01-24-2007, 07:05 PM
They will probably get change in regular US currency as most shops don't have their own supply of Disney Dollars. If you're at a counter that happens to sell Disney Dollars, you could request your change in Disney Dollars.Which is why I usually gave mine 1s and 5s. Otherwise, off to that stupid cheap $5 tee shirt shop.

wabby1
04-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Does anyone know if "Disney Dollars" are available for purchase online? I'd like to get some for my daughter's birthday next month in May, as we'll be leaving for the park on 6/2.

avalosn
04-04-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure if you can buy them online, but I thought you could buy them at the Disney store.......I usually just buy them at the park........errrr, I wish I could be more help :confused:

vegasmommytoDL
04-04-2007, 10:08 AM
What a wonderful idea! She would surely be excited. If you can't find any perhaps you could buy a Disney gift card instead. (I know, not as fun.)

going2disneyAZ
04-04-2007, 10:42 AM
The Disney Stores have them, I bought a bunch last xmas.

tink's mom
04-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Unfortunately, there's no Disney stores here in Utah.

A Big Fan
04-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Not quite the same as Disney Dollars, but we bought our girls Disney Gift Cards online. They're into Pirates rigth now, so we went to a craft store and got a couple of little "pirates chests" to put the cards and some "jewels" into, then made a little treausre hunt with clues around the house until they found their treasure chest. In the treasure hunt we included a "talking pirate" e-mail you can send from POTC : Dead Man's Chest website to tell them about the Disney trip we have planned.

Greg in TN
04-04-2007, 12:17 PM
The Disney Dollars that Malcon10t mention just came out about a week or so ago, so the Disney Store probably hasn't gotten the new ones yet and is still going through their stash of ones from last year.

I bought some @ the local Disney Store here just a couple weeks ago. They actually had a choice for the $10--Stitch OR Cinderella. So I bought Cindys for my daughter, & Stitches for my son, for our upcoming trip.

jaymesmom617
04-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Unfortunately, there's no Disney stores here in Utah.

I don't know excatly when they open but, there is a new Disney Store opening at the University Mall in Orem. :) They have been working on it for a while so, maybe it will be opening soon??

Malcon10t
04-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't know excatly when they open but, there is a new Disney Store opening at the University Mall in Orem. :) They have been working on it for a while so, maybe it will be opening soon??Wow! Thats been a while coming. I never could believe an entire state without a Disney store!

tink's mom
04-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't know excatly when they open but, there is a new Disney Store opening at the University Mall in Orem. :) They have been working on it for a while so, maybe it will be opening soon??

I hope so, that would be great.

Wow! Thats been a while coming. I never could believe an entire state without a Disney store!

We used to have them, then they disappeared.:(