PDA

View Full Version : Net effect: New Disney.com no small world -- Hollywood Reporter

Andrew
01-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Net effect: New Disney.com no small world (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i4a4504d41787dd927bcadfe043263453) -- Hollywood Reporter, 2007-01-22

With its world of fantasy and kid-friendly fare still center stage, the Walt Disney Co.'s remodeled Web site will offer greater interactivity when it launches in the next few weeks.

The revamped Disney.com, which Disney CEO Robert Iger unveiled this month during the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, will allow users to share videos, listen to music, create playlists and simultaneously play games and engage with friends within a virtual world of Disney characters and content for which the brand is well known. Disney.com is one of the company's most popular online attractions, according to Nielsen//NetRatings data for December, drawing nearly half of the 22.3 million unique visitors that came to Disney-branded sites in the frame. Disney Online accounts for 51% of Walt Disney Internet Group's traffic -- more than triple that of ESPN, which drew 15.8 million visitors in December, or ABC.com (6.3 million).

DisneyBob
01-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi there... sorry if this has already been posted... Just wondering if anyone knows the exact date that the new Disney.com site will launch? All the official Disney documents say "late January"... which is NOW. Only a few days left in the month.

dsnyredhead
02-06-2007, 12:58 PM
The new site is up today.

Disney Vault
02-12-2007, 09:52 PM
I like what I have seen so far. But I hope more areas are slowly worked on. I want updated pages for the parks.