PDA

View Full Version : Does this plan sound okay ?

Courtney Anne
01-21-2007, 05:10 PM
So... I know I have bothered you all many times about this trip ! BUT, I want to make sure I am not forgetting anything. Can a few of you take a look at this and help me out ???

THANKS SO MUCH (IN ADVANCE) !!! :D

Here's my plan for my trip. Does it sound okay ? Do you have any suggestions ? Am I missing anything ? Should I change anything ?

Trip to DL for my 30th Birthday

Me - Courtney (single mom - about to turn 30)
Son - Christian (11 years old - 6th grade)

Thursday, Feb. 1

Regular Work/School Day
Fly from Phoenix to John Wayne Airport around 8pm
Take SuperShuttle or Airport Bus from SNA to hotel
Check into Hotel - get some dinner - go to bed early

Friday, Feb. 2

Grab Jamba Juice for breakfast in DTD (what time does it open ?)

Disneyland 9AM to 10PM

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams 3:30pm 7:00pm
"Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks 9:25pm
Billy Hill & the Hillbillies 11:15am 1:00pm 2:35pm 4:00pm 5:15pm
Flag Retreat Ceremony 4:30pm
Jedi Training Academy 10:30am 11:35am 12:40pm 2:25pm 3:30pm 4:35pm

Probably will skip fireworks and parade to go on rides and save these for my b-day…

Leave at closing - go to sleep

Closed for Refurbishment:
Professor Barnaby Owl
Splash Mountain

California Adventure 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

Block Party Bash 5:15pm
Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular 12:25pm 1:55pm 4:10pm 6:05pm (do on my BDAY ?)

Orange Stinger

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3 - MY 30th BIRTHDAY

Character Breakfast - either Goofy's or Plaza Inn (earliest seating available)

DISNEYLAND PARK open 9AM to 11 PM

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams 3:30pm 7:00pm
"Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks 9:25pm
Disney Princess Fantasy Faire 10:00am
Sword in the Stone 10:45am 11:45am 12:45pm 2:30pm 3:30pm 4:30pm
Tomorrowland Terrace Presents Scot Bruce 7:00pm 7:45pm 8:40pm 10:00pm

Professor Barnaby Owl
Splash Mountain

California Adventure open 10:00 am - 9:00 pm

Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular 12:25pm 1:55pm 4:10pm 6:05pm

Orange Stinger

Sunday, Feb. 4 - Superbowl Sunday

Breakfast - ??

DISNEYLAND open 9AM to 1PM

IF IT IS REALLY CROWDED - Then we will just do whatever we want - and take it slow in the parks - maybe hang out in DCA for less crowds

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams 3:30pm 7:00pm (if haven’t seen it - or want to again)
Fantasmic! 9:00pm

Professor Barnaby Owl
Splash Mountain

California Adventure Park 10:00 am - 9:00 pm

"The Magic of Brother Bear" Totem Ceremony 11:30am 12:30pm 1:30pm 3:00pm 4:00pm 5:00pm
Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular 12:25pm 1:55pm 4:10pm 6:05pm

Orange Stinger

Monday, Feb. 5

Breakfast ???

DISNEYLAND open 10AM to 8PM

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams 7:00pm
Disney Princess Fantasy Faire 11:00am

Disneyland Railroad -- MAKE SURE TO DO FRI, SAT or SUN
Professor Barnaby Owl
Splash Mountain
Tom Sawyer Island -- MAKE SURE TO DO FRI, SAT, or SUN

California Adventure 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

California Screamin' -- MAKE SURE TO DO FRI, SAT, or SUN
Orange Stinger

Tuesday, Feb. 6

Breakfast - ????

DISNEYLAND Park open 10AM - 8PM

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams 7:00pm
Disney Princess Fantasy Faire 11:00am

Disneyland Railroad -- MAKE SURE TO DO FRI, SAT, or SUN
Professor Barnaby Owl
Splash Mountain
Tom Sawyer Island -- MAKE SURE TO DO FRI, SAT, or SUN

Disney's California Adventure open 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

California Screamin' -- MAKE SURE TO DO FRI, SAT, or SUN
Orange Stinger

Wednesday, Feb. 7

Fly home to Phoenix
Go to my 5:30 class at the college

Rufus T Firefly
01-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Sounds OK to me. You're wise to use 5 days. You can see and do just about everything without feeling stressed. Hope you both have a great time.

Bytebear
01-21-2007, 10:11 PM
I would change your mode of transportation to a taxi, and ask for the flat rate of $35. It will be more convenient and cheaper than the Super Shuttle or airport bus.

Courtney Anne
01-21-2007, 10:44 PM
I would change your mode of transportation to a taxi, and ask for the flat rate of $35. It will be more convenient and cheaper than the Super Shuttle or airport bus.

Really ? Is it because of the time involved ? Cause the SuperShuttle quoted price was $20 bucks.

I am looking into a rental car and driving to Cali instead but I really would rather fly - but I haven't booked tickets yet - and the prices went up again. I was going to do it this week. Two roundtrip tickets are about $280.

I found a rental car for $170 for a week - and that would give us freedom for eating and shopping.

disney jones
01-21-2007, 11:03 PM
five days? :eek: you'll have plenty of time to do everything that's open. :)

i'd suggest trying to get your son into the Jedi Academy as early as you can starting the first day - this is a big highlight for kids (and parents too) and with no guarantees he'll be picked, the sooner you start working it, the better off you'll be.

same can be said of the fireworks, it's always recommended to see them as early as you can on your trip in case the weather cancels them the last days.

Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday i think will be the busiest times at DL, when you might want to figure going over to DCA, but i think it'll be so light anyways it won't matter.

check weather.com ahead of time to know what to expect, like rain or warm clothes.

Katran
01-22-2007, 05:56 AM
Sunday, Feb. 4 - Superbowl Sunday
IF IT IS REALLY CROWDED - Then we will just do whatever we want - and take it slow in the parks - maybe hang out in DCA for less crowds

This sounds like a good idea to me. In fact, I think we may copy your idea, since we'll be there that day as well! :D

I agree with everyone else about 5 days being a good thing. I've done 3 days in the past and always felt like I never quite did everything I wanted to do (or as often as I wanted to do it). By the end of 5 days, I feel done. Just keep in mind that flexibility is key. Leave a little wiggle room in your schedule in case of the unexpected ride break-down, unusually large crowd for a parade, etc. You've been there before, so you probably know that already.

nun69
01-22-2007, 09:10 AM
great plan and I see how you made sure to catch the rides that will be closing before the close!!! Railroad/Tom Sawyer Island and Fantasmic!

Bytebear
01-22-2007, 09:49 AM
if price is an issue, take the shuttle. I prefer a cab for the convenience. I was traveling once to another city and our plane was delayed and we lost our shuttle reservation and ended up having to take a cab (the plane got in after midnight and turns out the shuttle charged an "after hours" fee).

Courtney Anne
01-22-2007, 02:03 PM
five days? :eek: you'll have plenty of time to do everything that's open. :)

i'd suggest trying to get your son into the Jedi Academy as early as you can starting the first day - this is a big highlight for kids (and parents too) and with no guarantees he'll be picked, the sooner you start working it, the better off you'll be.

same can be said of the fireworks, it's always recommended to see them as early as you can on your trip in case the weather cancels them the last days.

Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday i think will be the busiest times at DL, when you might want to figure going over to DCA, but i think it'll be so light anyways it won't matter.

check weather.com ahead of time to know what to expect, like rain or warm clothes.

thanks disney jones

Courtney Anne
01-22-2007, 02:04 PM
This sounds like a good idea to me. In fact, I think we may copy your idea, since we'll be there that day as well! :D

I agree with everyone else about 5 days being a good thing. I've done 3 days in the past and always felt like I never quite did everything I wanted to do (or as often as I wanted to do it). By the end of 5 days, I feel done. Just keep in mind that flexibility is key. Leave a little wiggle room in your schedule in case of the unexpected ride break-down, unusually large crowd for a parade, etc. You've been there before, so you probably know that already.

yeah - i am not going to try ans stick to a strict schedule at all

these are just times that are posted online - and things i want to see

i am actually going to print this stuff out - and take it with me

Courtney Anne
01-22-2007, 02:05 PM
great plan and I see how you made sure to catch the rides that will be closing before the close!!! Railroad/Tom Sawyer Island and Fantasmic!

yeah - the only one we will miss is Splash - which my son will be upset about - but with the weather being cool... i don't think i will mind

Courtney Anne
01-22-2007, 02:08 PM
if price is an issue, take the shuttle. I prefer a cab for the convenience.

price isn't a huge issue - but i would rather save money where i can to use while i am in the parks