PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Disneyland Souveniers?

zombie pirate
01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
What are some of you favorite souveniers, postcards, pictures, ticket stubs, or park maps from your visit to the Magic Kingdom?

TinaMouse
01-21-2007, 04:18 PM
I recently suggested this on another thread, but it applies here too. I love to purchase the most recent (for me, the 50th) souvenir book. Then I take a Sharpie and write OUR experiences on each of the rides, attractions, etc directly on the page. It becomes an instant scrapbook (even though I do scrapbooks too). The kids LOVE to look through it and you can see what changes are made at the park each time you go!

yenko427
01-21-2007, 04:48 PM
What a great idea!!!

zombie pirate
01-21-2007, 05:53 PM
I allways loved to collect the old park maps. got a lot of the ticket books I pick up at local swapmeets.

jenvaz
01-21-2007, 06:30 PM
During the 50th anniversary I got a huge park map for Disneyland for around $5, I had it framed and now it hangs in my son's room. I also like the silouettes (not sure of spelling) from main street.

zombie pirate
01-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Got a bunch of souveniers from the magic/joke shop from the late 1960s that are pretty neat, and a bunch of the old Disneyland Trading cards when they sold for 5 cents a pack.

virgojmk
01-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Silly I know, but I like to get a new travel mug, you know the one you get when you order hot chocolate or coffee from the ventor...last time we were there they were $5 each, and I use the travel type mugs daily.

My kids also still like the do the penny presses. Last year was our first at Disney World, did manage to get each of them a penny press from every country at EPCOT (not easy since it is so big, and some are hidden).
Man, was I tired after that. Looking forward to going back to DL! Maybe smaller, but it has some of the best of the WDW parks, and less walking:)

CarlieB
01-22-2007, 02:24 PM
I got a really cool coffee mug last year...I think it was part of the 50th merchandise. It's enormous and has very cool retro drawings of all (most?) of the lands on it. I love it!:)

nun69
01-22-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm a sucker for any new shot glass (since I collect them) and DD has to have whatever the current pin is (special occassion, etc)

Gone2Disneyland
01-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Of all the stuff I get there, I probably couldn't live without picking up the official albums CDs they keep updating and reissuing every couple of years. :p

vmjess
01-22-2007, 06:03 PM
We love Pins, Pressed Pennies, and my kids love these little bags of Disneyland Miniatures that they sell at a bunch of the stores- you never know what figures you are going to get so we have duplicates of many, but my kids love them and buy a few bags each time we go. We especially love the HM figures that are in there and the Star Wars themed ones. I never remember what exactly they are called- anyone else collect them??

We also ALWAYS save our tix, a map from each park and any other paper stuff we get ( This time was the Jedi Training certs last time was the Mark Twain Captain certs )

Not to mention the various stuffed animals, shirts and other junk we end up with!

MadasaHatter
01-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Well,

My sis and I have been together the past three visits and we have bought MICKEY MOUSE EARS straight away and then I hang it up when I get home and it becomes an instant memory (gold 50th, Pirate Ears, Pluto Reindeer for this XMAS). That is a new tradition.

We went in OCTOBER near my BDAY and my sis purchased the SHAG overnight bag for me. I looooove the Shag merchandise and bought all of the prints. I have been a big fan of his artwork and being a big Disney fan I recognized his influence from DISNEYLAND right away and new he too must have been a fan. SO I bought all the prints of the lands and just have to get them framed to hang them up.

I love anything vintagey looking so I buy t shirts with the old 50s logo or anything looking 60s or 70s. The mainstream stuff bores me and I too am a little tired of TINKERBELL and GRUMPY stuff.

Swan
01-23-2007, 09:10 AM
I love the pressed pennies, I always have to get one, even though I don't use them :P
I would also like to buy one of those board games that are sold in DDD, hopefully next time.
I also like cute little tshirts.
And of course, my favorite, jeweleries! one of the best I've ever seen...

Jwebbal
01-23-2007, 09:17 AM
My favorite souvenirs have to do with my son. He is 3 now, but we have his red Mickey t shirt that fit him as a one year old, and another the same that fit him as a 3 yo. Sadly they don't make it for 3 and up. I also have his shadow picture (not sure what they are called?) from when he was one.

Mickeygirlforever
01-23-2007, 04:30 PM
I LOVE my Disneyland Official album (I bought it a couple years ago, it has the Country Bears and the old parade and fireworks on it). I listen to it all the time. It makes me feel like I'm there when I get Disneyland fever.
I also have a bunch of stuff from the pirates premiere (the cool buttons and special park maps) as well as the autographs framed.
Of course, I have some very treasured pins. My mom and I have started collecting antenna toppers too!