PDA

View Full Version : Mary Poppins Merch?

SarahJanet
01-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Do they have any Mary Poppins themed merch anywhere in either of the parks? I'm looking for something small, so the paintings and such wouldn't be much use.

Thanks for the help!

disneyochem
01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
I bought an 8" glass figurine of Mary Poppin at a store on Main Street. Mary is in her nanny outfit; she is holding an umbrella that is open. So far that is all I have ever found at the resort but am always looking since Mary Poppins is my all-time favorite.

ChipmunkStar
01-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I just went to the Disney Store at the Brea Mall and there was a Mary Poppins snowglobe. It has Mary, Bert and the Banks children on their carousel horses, and on top of the carousel canopy, it has the band from the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious scene in a globe.

I think the horses are supposed to rotate around the base, but I couldn't figure out how to get it started.

jillshumway
01-21-2007, 06:36 PM
WE saw her on our last trip to disney she baked cookies with the kids. She was not able to work her nanny magic on my two year old and when my two year old crossed her eyes at Mary she told my 10 year old that she must be a very good big sister to put up with my 2 year old. She was so funny you know she just wanted to call my 2 year old a brat.
Jill

DisneyPrincessCat
01-22-2007, 06:11 AM
The only Mary Poppins I saw was asmallstatue at the Disney shop in DCA, what is it called, uh, OFF THE PAGE. I think most of the other major gift shops, WoD, Emporium and such carry it. I would LOVE to see more Poppins items, like Burt and the family and sweeps, etc. My fave wouldbe a figurine of the Feed the Birds lady. That would be poignant.
sues:geek:

Katran
01-22-2007, 06:23 AM
I've been told that it's rare to see Mary Poppins at Disneyland (though I've seen her twice in my past two visits), and apparently MP merchandise is even rarer. I agree with everyone else, I would love to see more.

Park Freak
01-22-2007, 06:33 AM
Well I know you asked about the Parks, and I don't know where you live, but Mary Poppins is playing at the El Capitan Theater right now. They should (might) have some merchandise there.

DisneyBubbles
01-22-2007, 09:45 AM
I've been told that it's rare to see Mary Poppins at Disneyland (though I've seen her twice in my past two visits), and apparently MP merchandise is even rarer. I agree with everyone else, I would love to see more.

Really? I see her all the time . They do a song and dance in front of the castle with Burt.

PanFan
01-22-2007, 01:54 PM
I see Bert and Mary all the time. They're usually on Main Street or around the Plaza Pavilion, either in Jolly Holliday or Chimney Sweep attire. I even saw them ride the carousel once. Lately they have also been in the Honorary Grand Marshall processional as chimney sweeps (just before the evening parade).

I'm not sure about merchandise in the park, but yes there is some great stuff at the Soda Shoppe next to the El Capitan theatre in Hollywood. Figurines, snow globes, T-shirts, and the most popular--a parrot-handled umbrella. It's only there until the end of the month, though, so go quick if you want to check it out. They already have a lot of Peter Pan stuff in the store for when it starts Feb. 1.

Niwel
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure about merchandise in the park, but yes there is some great stuff at the Soda Shoppe next to the El Capitan theatre in Hollywood. Figurines, snow globes, T-shirts, and the most popular--a parrot-handled umbrella. It's only there until the end of the month, though, so go quick if you want to check it out.

I second that... my mom saw the show in London and bought me a shirt that they don't sell at the el cap, plus some other merch and the umbrella. I bought myself a "cherry" candle, a double decker bus with Mary Poppins on it and an LE Mary Poppins pin. Trust me, you'll find next to nothing small at the parks except for the pin and the figurine. The Snow globe at the Disney Store is very nice, but I don't know if they are selling it at the park.

spectromen
01-22-2007, 03:42 PM
At the park, pretty much just the ceramic figurine of her and the CD soundtrack, but on disneyshopping.com, there's replicas of her umbrella and purse along with other unique items from time to time.

Katran
01-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Really? I see her all the time . They do a song and dance in front of the castle with Burt.

I see Bert and Mary all the time. They're usually on Main Street or around the Plaza Pavilion, either in Jolly Holliday or Chimney Sweep attire. I even saw them ride the carousel once. Lately they have also been in the Honorary Grand Marshall processional as chimney sweeps (just before the evening parade).

Like I said, that's just what I was told. That was about 3 years ago, and up to that point I had never, ever seen Mary or any of her fellow characters. It's only been in the last two years (one visit per year, in March) that I've seen her, but I've never seen Bert or any of the other characters.