PDA

View Full Version : No dining plan through DVC?

Lynn57
01-21-2007, 01:26 PM
So, my friend and I went to AAA yesterday and I don't think the lady had any clue what she was talking about. She told us that we couldn't get the meal plan though DVC, then wasn't sure. We have already booked our rooms through DVC and she seemed confused at this. She also said that we couldn't buy the meal plan or set up Magical Express through her. THEN she wasn't sure about tickets... It was a mess!

The meal plan is available to DVC members, correct? And Magical Express too? Any help would be great!

bradk
01-21-2007, 01:30 PM
DVC members and guests of DVC members can purchase the DDP, yes.

if you book a DVC resort through CRO or a TA (I presume), then no, it's not available.

if you're not a DVC member and interested in getting a DVC room as well as the DDP, you need to rent points from a member.

mom22gls
01-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Even if you rent points, you can still purchase the dining plan through DVC Member Services. We stayed at a DVC on rented points a few months ago, and did this. The TA probably has no experience other than booking packages. You should be able to buy your tickets through AAA, though. If you are a DVC member, there is a significant discount on AP's, so it is worth considering, even for one trip a year.

Mark Goldhaber
01-21-2007, 02:14 PM
So, my friend and I went to AAA yesterday and I don't think the lady had any clue what she was talking about. She told us that we couldn't get the meal plan though DVC, then wasn't sure. We have already booked our rooms through DVC and she seemed confused at this. She also said that we couldn't buy the meal plan or set up Magical Express through her. THEN she wasn't sure about tickets... It was a mess!

The meal plan is available to DVC members, correct? And Magical Express too? Any help would be great!
If the reservation is on DVC points, the travel agent cannot do anything related to that reservation for you. The Dining Plan and Magical Express must be set up through DVC Member Services. Park tickets can be handled by anyone, as can airfare.

KJSJpipe
01-21-2007, 03:45 PM
I am sure I saw the Pricign for 2007 somewhere but now I can't find it...:| :rolleyes: . Could someone tell me the kids and adult price for the DP.

ETA:
See I knew it would work. All I had to do was ask and the next spot I looked for info it was right there in front of me:rolleyes: .
Soo here is what I found on Mary's Mouse Savers site:

The additional cost for the 2007 Dining Plan (on top of the vacation package) is $38.99 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $10.99 per night for children (ages 3-9). You get one table service meal, one counter service meal and one snack per day. You must purchase the plan for your entire stay and for each person staying in your hotel room

efoxx
01-21-2007, 04:04 PM
if you book a DVC resort through CRO or a TA (I presume), then no, it's not available.

not true...

Resv. made through CRO, or package plans made by a TA can purchase the dinning plan through Disney. WDW offers these packages as part of their home away from home plans. Resv. made for DVC resorts through Disney by non DVC owners (note not rented points, but using Disney CRO to make resv.) are handled by disney just like any other booking. guests booking this way do not get any of the member/owner perks though. Disney does not completly sell all the DVC rooms, but holds back a certain amount of rooms for their own use.

TiggerRPh
01-22-2007, 05:51 PM
not true...

Resv. made through CRO, or package plans made by a TA can purchase the dinning plan through Disney. WDW offers these packages as part of their home away from home plans. Resv. made for DVC resorts through Disney by non DVC owners (note not rented points, but using Disney CRO to make resv.) are handled by disney just like any other booking. guests booking this way do not get any of the member/owner perks though. Disney does not completly sell all the DVC rooms, but holds back a certain amount of rooms for their own use.

If you are a DVC Member and using DVC points for the trip, the DDP must be purchased through DVC.

efoxx
01-23-2007, 03:22 PM
If you are a DVC Member and using DVC points for the trip, the DDP must be purchased through DVC.True, but that's not what I was correcting.