PDA

View Full Version : Question About Music When They Open Disneyland

mowsluver
01-21-2007, 12:31 PM
My son said he heard music when they opened the gates (maybe the ticket gates?) and he likes the song, though he doesn't know what is was. Does anyone have a clue? Or maybe he was imagining things?? He was there in mis Dec.

futurecm21
01-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Its hard to say. They frequently play music, both live, and off of recordings, so I can tell you your son probably isn't crazy. When I was last at DLR the band was in front of the ticket offices playing some different songs, and right before they let everyone leave Main Street USA they seemed to have some recorded music playing. As to where you could find it, I have no clue.
futurecm21

my2princesses
01-21-2007, 01:07 PM
I know there used to be a CD you could buy at DL that had songs from the park on it. I saw it in the parks last year, but I'm not sure if they still have it. There was another one that had songs from the rides.
Good Luck:)

IdahoMike
01-22-2007, 09:41 AM
I know when we were there for rope drop a couple weeks back, they played "This is our family time" from the Parade of Dreams

ScottDisneyFan
01-22-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't know if it is the same music because I rarely arrive for rope drop but I know throughout the day they play a lot of hits from musicals that take place at the turn of the century.

Some of the songs I have picked out are

The Surrey with the Fringe on the Top from Oklahoma

Kansas City from Oklahoma

Put On Your Sunday Clothes from Hello Dolly

Many a New DAy from Oklahoma

Gary Indiana from Music Man

Wells Fargo Wagon from Music Man

There are many other songs as well but those are the only I can remember...I am a musical nut...:p

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-23-2007, 07:00 PM
I know when we were there for rope drop a couple weeks back, they played "This is our family time" from the Parade of Dreams

That song is actually from Brother Bear and is on the soundtrack.

Gone2Disneyland
01-23-2007, 09:16 PM
^ The song title is "Welcome," originally on the "Brother Bear" soundtrack. The Parade of Dreams version has never been official released, but a pop remake was recorded by the group Jump5 for the "Disneymania 2" CD.

http://www.amazon.com/Disneymania-Vol-2-Disney/dp/B00017700U/sr=1-1/qid=1169619063/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-9212425-2110551?ie=UTF8&s=music