PDA

View Full Version : Glossy pictures of characters

Pages : [1] 2

yenko427
01-21-2007, 12:28 PM
I read somewhere that you can get glossy pictures of certain characters upon check in at the resort hotels? Can anyone expand on this or offer info. like cost, how to go about doing so, etc.? I thought it would be a nice touch for our first trip. Thanks guys.

disneyochem
01-21-2007, 12:50 PM
You need to call Vacation Planning at the DLR and request the photos. There is no cost--they will ask you what your preference is. Then, when you check in to the hotel, you will have the photos (and balloons usually). Depending on when you check in, the photos might be in your room or delivered later that day. The photos we have gotten (we stay at one of the resort hotels three times a year and ALWAYS get the photos) have included Belle and the Beast, the Princesses (both individual and a group photo), the fab four, Mickey, Mickey and Minnie,.....just request your favorite! Also, the photos will be signed and addressed to the person.

We were at Paradise Pier in November and got our photos (Belle and the Beast, and Mickey & Minnie). What made it special this time is that the balloons delivered with the photos were mylar and HUGE! We got a sunwheel and a dolphin. My DD has them tacked up in her room!

yenko427
01-21-2007, 12:55 PM
That's great, thanks for the response. Can you do one picture a day or is it just a one time shot on the pictures? This is great for our first trip and can't beat the price. We are staying at DLH so does VP take care of it or do I have to call the hotel too? I would like to hear of others that have done this too and what pics you got...Buzz and Wood? Mike and Sully?

my2princesses
01-21-2007, 01:11 PM
I have contacted DL from their website and they mailed my Daughter the group princess picture and the Mickey and Minne picture. They arrived about a week before our trip and it really got our DD excited:)

disneyochem
01-21-2007, 01:16 PM
That's great, thanks for the response. Can you do one picture a day or is it just a one time shot on the pictures? This is great for our first trip and can't beat the price. We are staying at DLH so does VP take care of it or do I have to call the hotel too? I would like to hear of others that have done this too and what pics you got...Buzz and Wood? Mike and Sully?

I would think that they would only do it one time during the trip but then again, I've never asked! Definately deal with VP for the photos. I have no idea about Buzz or Woody. I have girls so we are always a little bit more interested in princesses!

Of course, they do change who is available in the photos. At one point, we were able to get Donald Duck (my DH's favorite) but was not available this past November!

Also, be sure to check with the front desk CM about any stickers/goodie bags available for your kids. We have always get stickers--sometimes goodie bags. Just adds to the magic!

yenko427
01-21-2007, 01:18 PM
I appreciate the info. and insight. I have heard they have buttons there for like birthday, first timers, etc. I planned on asking about getting a first timer button for our son.

disney jones
01-21-2007, 01:44 PM
we got a few from the front desk at the GCH recently - i always ask for goodies for the girls there, and these were a very nice surpise - they were 8" x 10" and autographed too! I think we got three: Mickie/Minnie, Donald/Daisy, and four princesses, all in front of the castle.

only thing though was they were B/W - still very nice and i'm not complaining - so, did anyone get color?

WinsomeWench
01-22-2007, 07:25 PM
I just made a reservation at the Disneyland hotel and asked about the photo thing and was told that this was ONLY a YOMD promotion :confused: I'd LOVE to surprise my DD. We have never stayed there as it's always so expensive but we got an AP rate. We're really excited! Is there a special number for Vacation Planning? Or where on the website do we contact them?

Thanks!
Kris

yenko427
01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Yes, contact VP directly, the number is on the DL website. I called this morning and finally got through. I had the choice of the Fab Five and Woody and Buzz (did not ask about the princesses). They asked for my sons name and they will have a personalized pic there for us when we check in. I also ordered the mickey cookies and milk that first evening through them as well. That way my son will think Mickey stopped by and dropped them off for him while we were at the park!!! I was also told you can pick up birthday buttons, etc. at the front desk and someone made mention of gift bags upon check in that are complimentary too. What are your dates?

nvmom
01-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Is there anyway to get these pics if you're not staying on property? I'd be willing to pay.

nvmom

DangerMouse
01-23-2007, 06:25 AM
I just made a reservation at the Disneyland hotel and asked about the photo thing and was told that this was ONLY a YOMD promotion :confused: I'd LOVE to surprise my DD. We have never stayed there as it's always so expensive but we got an AP rate. We're really excited! Is there a special number for Vacation Planning? Or where on the website do we contact them?

Thanks!
Kris

Pfffft! :p :mad: I hate how they are taking regular benefits away and turning them into YOMD prizes! That is just . . . well . . . WRONG! :mad:

Rteneyck
01-23-2007, 08:47 AM
does anyone have the vacation planning email address? I would love to see if I can request something like this for my son. Thanks,

Alisonsmom
01-23-2007, 08:55 AM
I just called (714) 520-5060. They told me they only do the pictures as an "extra" for people celebrating birthdays and that sort of thing. She said it is not something you can order ahead of time. So I'm confused. I will not be celebrating a birthday... Has anyone done this recently? And did I call the right number? I am staying at the GCH and it would be nice to surprise my daughter. For the price you pay for the room you would think they could accomodate my request for one picture with an autograph.

yellowrosedtxn
01-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Try this. They are really good. You can ask for Valerie. She is the one I talked with last year.

Vacation Planning
Disneyland Resort
(714)300-7526 option 2

yenko427
01-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Valerie is who helped me yesterday and ensured that my picture will be there upon check in. It is our first trip but noone's birthdays, etc.

yellowrosedtxn
01-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I wish John was still with us. He was a great guy and very helpful when it came to planning vacation things. He died around this time last year and I was very sorry to hear that. I still am very sorry because he went way above and beyond in his job!

ssturgeo
01-23-2007, 11:08 AM
You can get birthday buttons, first visit buttons, anniversary, etc., at City Hall also. They are nice, big, colorful, buttons!!

Vacation Planning...Robert too, who was hit and killed by a hit and run driver after leaving work ... close to the same time John died I believed. Robert helped me with two wonderful visits with my granddaughter...above and beyond both times.

acpalmer
01-23-2007, 11:30 AM
How far out would you recommend calling to arrange this? We will be there in March for our sons' birthdays and I'd love to get a signed photo for them! I want to call in time but not too much ahead--recommendations?

yellowrosedtxn
01-23-2007, 11:38 AM
I want to say it is 60 days (I would start with that) but they might tell you 45 or 30 days until your trip. It never hurts to start early and work your ways towards your date of arrival.

Make sure if you are going to do any priority seatings that you do call 60 days in advance.

Alisonsmom
01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Thank you so much. I called that number and Barbara helped me because Valerie was out. They are much nicer!!! Thanks again. It's wonderful to find out new things on this board!

Oh and I ordered the pictures for this coming weekend. So I guess you don't need to give too much notice.

yenko427
01-23-2007, 11:55 AM
No problem. I also was told that some people even got balloons for free in their room upon check in too. Not sure how that one works. I am happy with my picture!! What one did you get Alisonsmom?

Alisonsmom
01-23-2007, 12:20 PM
No problem. I also was told that some people even got balloons for free in their room upon check in too. Not sure how that one works. I am happy with my picture!! What one did you get Alisonsmom?

I asked for Cinderella. She said that they usually have group shots but she'll see if she can dig up a Cinderella for us. If not it will be a group of princess' They are so nice!

DangerMouse
01-23-2007, 03:35 PM

Both my dd and ds got autographed pics and balloons in our room during their birthday trips. Dd got the princesses and ds got Pooh. Ds is still convinced (at age 7), that Winnie the Pooh actually came to our room while we were out and delivered those balloons! :D

SarahJanet
01-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Do birthday things have to be the actual date of your birthday? We're going about a month after mine but are planning to make it somewhat of a birthday celebration. Do I need to provide proof of when my birthday is? And will they let me get away with it being a month later?

WITron
01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Is there anyway to get these pics if you're not staying on property? I'd be willing to pay.

nvmom

My daughter wrote a letter to Minnie Mouse and put it in the mailbox. I called City Hall and they sent her an autographed picture for no charge.