PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Ever Completely Close Gates?

derraj25
01-21-2007, 09:31 AM
When Disneyland has reached capacity, do they just stop ticket sales so those who have already visited the park for the day can return, or do they close the turnsdials?

I don't think this will apply to us in that we will be there late afternoon Feb 10 thru morning 14th, but we are curious how they control excessive park attendence on MAJOR holidays.

-d2

Drince88
01-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Disney has varying degrees of closed, from halting same-day ticket sales to completely closing the gates. If you read this DL Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070108xx), there is a piece about the closures that happend on New Years Eve this year.

derraj25
01-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I wonder how often they have to do this. I would think they would have the proverbial black-out dates for the SoCal/Annual Passports that would help to eliminate these types of things from happening. But I guess there is no way to predict (except for statistics) which days will be busier than others. I mean, who would think that Lincoln's Birthday would elicit longer park hours...it's not even a national (bank) holiday...that will be Presidents Day the following week.

Oh well...we'll be there, not here and waiting 90 minutes in line will be better than standing in one spot for 120 minutes at work.

--d2

Malcon10t
01-21-2007, 11:52 AM
I wonder how often they have to do this. I would think they would have the proverbial black-out dates for the SoCal/Annual Passports that would help to eliminate these types of things from happening. But I guess there is no way to predict (except for statistics) which days will be busier than others. I mean, who would think that Lincoln's Birthday would elicit longer park hours...it's not even a national (bank) holiday...that will be Presidents Day the following week.

Oh well...we'll be there, not here and waiting 90 minutes in line will be better than standing in one spot for 120 minutes at work.

--d2You will see park closures the week between Christmas and New Years every year, and on the 4th of July. We were there New Years Eve, and it was crowded, but we still had a blast. We go every year for NYE, so knew what to expect. SoCal APs are blacked out on the dates the park is expected to be full, and even deluxes black out on Sats during the summer and the week between Christmas and NYE. You shouldn't see any issues when you are there. And I doubt you will see 90 min waits, but maybe 60 on the mountains and Indy.

derraj25
01-21-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't really anticipate the busy-ness we encountered on spring break last year that's for sure! We were there during the downpour of April (something like 2" in 24hr) and could not believe how busy the park was...it was crazy. But I have to admit I was surprised to see that the park hrs were extended 3hrs on Monday the 12th. Up here in OR. the kids are in school on the 12th and have the 19th off. I wonder if the 12th is a day that the kids have off in Anaheim, or if it's just one of those things that statistics dictate they will be busy.

--d2

Malcon10t
01-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I don't really anticipate the busy-ness we encountered on spring break last year that's for sure! We were there during the downpour of April (something like 2" in 24hr) and could not believe how busy the park was...it was crazy. But I have to admit I was surprised to see that the park hrs were extended 3hrs on Monday the 12th. Up here in OR. the kids are in school on the 12th and have the 19th off. I wonder if the 12th is a day that the kids have off in Anaheim, or if it's just one of those things that statistics dictate they will be busy.

--d2
Northern CA, kids have both days. Even the colleges.

charpaul
01-21-2007, 04:17 PM
My small district (an hour outside of LA) gets both days off too. Seems to be a CA tradition....