PDA

View Full Version : How reliable is the Disney website? (Ride Refurb List)

bobabooey
01-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Curious how reliable you think the Disney website is regarding closed rides for refurb say a month out. I understand unplanned closings can happen anytime.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
It depends on why the ride is being listed on the "refurb" list. If it is for standard maintenance, they usually stick pretty close to the timetables listed. If it is to install or remove the overlays, they are usually right on the money. If it relates to a major refurb, then they can be a little off.

Which ride(s) are you wondering about?

bobabooey
01-20-2007, 09:50 PM
The last time I was at DL was 20 years ago, and POTC was closed. I went many times as a child (I'm 43) and REALLY hope it is open for the memories.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-20-2007, 10:11 PM
It doesn't look like it's on any scheduled refurbishment, and it was down for quite some time last year to add characters from the movie into the ride. There was talk that it would go down again to add additional characters in time for the 3rd movie, but that isn't going to happen.

Unexpected closures usually relate to a ride breaking down or some sort of accident. That happens more with the roller coaster/thrill rides more than others. In my years of going to the park, I have never witnessed Pirates closed due to it breaking down.

I think it's safe to say that it will be open when you're there.

jcruise86
01-21-2007, 05:39 AM
. . . In my years of going to the park, I have never witnessed Pirates closed due to it breaking down.
About 6 months ago (give or take 2?) there was one of my all-time favorite threads when a guest was EXTREMELY upset when Pirates stopped. Many of the replies were hilarious, though some nice Mouseplaneteers did express sympathy.

But I guess it has stopped at least once.

IdahoMike
01-21-2007, 07:11 AM
I think the calendar on the website is usually pretty good as far as refurbs go. It is not always as accurate with park hours, or showtimes, it seems they have to update those quite frequently.

By the way, for anyone going in April, I noticed Alice was listed as a refurb, and I haven't seen that on here, or riderefurbs, so that might be a new one.