PDA

View Full Version : Marriott Residence Inn Maingate

bobabooey
01-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Anybody have any experience with this hotel?

mi_mous
01-20-2007, 11:29 PM
If this is the same one on Clementine, then yes.

LOVED staying there all the times we stayed there.

They have hotel reviews on this site as well, so I would recommend looking at those as well.

Never had a problem with this hotel, and still recommend it to people.

Chadsgal
01-20-2007, 11:40 PM
We just booked our rooms here. We've never stayed there before but we read good reviews on this site & on all the other travelocity, hotels.com, etc... sites too. We are really looking forward to staying here! :D

bobabooey
01-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Yep, that's the one on Clementine... They don't have a shuttle so we will be at the mercy of ART or maybe that is not a bad thing? We will need to shuttle/ART it over with our little one.

bobabooey
01-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Hey chadsgirl, isn't that "remaneser sentado por favor"? I could (and sure I do ) have the spelling wrong on remaneser, but aren't they saying remain seated? Funny that is a running joke in our house from the Matterhorn:D

bobabooey
01-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh ya, and "The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only... no parking" (LAX)

mi_mous
01-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Yep, that's the one on Clementine... They don't have a shuttle so we will be at the mercy of ART or maybe that is not a bad thing? We will need to shuttle/ART it over with our little one.

They had a shuttle last time we stayed there, but it was a couple years ago, so perhaps people were not using it enough?

We always walked to the park, and it was not that bad at all. But, it isn't exactly next door either. It's a pretty good distance, but we were walking with a 3 year old, double stroller, and 3 adults, and nobody complained at all. But, some people are different. So, I would see how long it is when you get there, and judge for yourself if you would like to walk.

Malcon10t
01-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Its about a 10 min walk/jog for an 18yo with decent endurance. (He hoofed it when mom's ECV ran out of battery on the way back...) Otherwise, the ART G bus stops by building 6 and the B bus stops at Red Roof Inn (which is a better option for those at the back of the hotel.) Or if B is running back to the hotel before G bus comes, its only a minute walk to the front buildings.

We stayed there and have decided we will probably make it our Christmas hotel. It was great having the hot breakfast each morning, and the maid service was excellent. All of the staff were very helpful.

tinker3
01-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Its about a 10 min walk/jog for an 18yo with decent endurance. (He hoofed it when mom's ECV ran out of battery on the way back...) Otherwise, the ART G bus stops by building 6 and the B bus stops at Red Roof Inn (which is a better option for those at the back of the hotel.) Or if B is running back to the hotel before G bus comes, its only a minute walk to the front buildings.

We stayed there and have decided we will probably make it our Christmas hotel. It was great having the hot breakfast each morning, and the maid service was excellent. All of the staff were very helpful.

I agree, the service is great and you can't beat the breakfast! My 6 & 9 yr olds (3yr old in stroller) and DH and I walked it a few times. It's not a bad walk at all. We took the shuttle sometimes and walked it sometimes. There is a fire station right across the street, but it never bothered us. I also love the way it's set up, like little town-homes or condos. A lot of the rooms have Disney artwork in them, and I love how spacious they are. ENJOY! :)

BraMax
01-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks so much for starting this thread. We are going to be going to DL in 12 days and that is where we are staying. We are planning to walk as our kids (6 & 4) are walkers but we have a jogger stroller anyways and figure it will get used coming home after along day at the park. I'm really looking forward to having our own space after the kids are in bed.

kfriebel
05-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Has anyone recently stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate? What did you think? How far a walk is it to the maingate? Also, how busy do you think the park will be from Oct 15-18 (M-Th). We were going to stay at the Desert Inn, but the reviews are not great. Thanks for your input.

Malcon10t
05-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Has anyone recently stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate? What did you think? How far a walk is it to the maingate? Also, how busy do you think the park will be from Oct 15-18 (M-Th). We were going to stay at the Desert Inn, but the reviews are not great. Thanks for your input.
I have stayed at both. I *LOVE* the Residence inn, BUT for your length of stay, I would probably opt for teh Desert Inn. The walk from RI is probably 20 mins (its almost a mile.) The walk from Desert is maybe 5 mins. The park shouldn't be busy. The Desert is old, but comfy. The breakfast at RI is 100 x better. Its all in what matters to you. I prefer the cheaper Desert Inn for a short stay. (We will be doing RI in Dec 22-Jan3rd.)

blackjackdelta
05-21-2007, 01:22 PM

We have stayed there many times and love it. We will be there in August of this year. The walk is about 1/2 mile and very easy. They also have an ART stop if you perfer not to walk. They have a great hot breakfast and the rooms are spacious. Those dates are probably a good time to go. We do August weekdays because of the weather and schools.

Jack

SANDYMARIE
05-21-2007, 01:33 PM
We are staying there Sept 28-Oct 5th. It will be our first time, and everything we have been reading and hearing has been excellent. :D

Have a great trip!:)

SANDYMARIE
05-21-2007, 01:37 PM
I have stayed at both. I *LOVE* the Residence inn, BUT for your length of stay, I would probably opt for teh Desert Inn. The walk from RI is probably 20 mins (its almost a mile.) The walk from Desert is maybe 5 mins. The park shouldn't be busy. The Desert is old, but comfy. The breakfast at RI is 100 x better. Its all in what matters to you. I prefer the cheaper Desert Inn for a short stay. (We will be doing RI in Dec 22-Jan3rd.)

WOW! Two weeks. Lucky you! Have a great trip!!:)

Jungle Cruiser
05-21-2007, 02:38 PM
I have stayed at the Residence Inn and really enjoyed it. You can't beat their quality and the breakfast is a nice addition. However, depending on the composition of your group the Desert Inn or the Park Vue Inn may be the better choice. We have four children (two older and two younger) and being able to quickly walk back to the hotel is a big deal for us. Mid afternoon naps, changing clothes after a particularly good soaking at the Grizzly River Rapids, all a plus. We also like having two bedrooms (obviously you can get this at the Residence Inn as well) The rooms at the Desert Inn are not the quality of the rooms at the Residence Inn, but thy are clean and comfortable and generally far less expensive. My wife actually likes the beds at the Desert Inn better than the other hotels we have tried in the area (including the Grand Californian). I have stayed at the Desert Inn twice and have not had a bad experience either time. The continental breakfast is nothing to write home about. I might also recommend the Park Vue Inn, it is right next door to the Desert Inn and the rooms are actually nicer than the Desert Inn, the parking and breakfast are better and they do have several two bedroom units, but the price is somewhat higher. It really depends on what your needs are, but I am not sure you can go wrong with any of these choices.