PDA

View Full Version : Park Meet? First Week in Feb. - AZ People?

Courtney Anne
01-20-2007, 09:18 AM
I will be there (if no problems surface - cross your fingers) from Feb. 1 to Feb. 7.

I am planning on a 5 day hopper - spending Feb. 2-6 in the parks !!

Feb. 3 is my Birthday. I will be 30, and I am making my son ride all my favorites that day !!

Would anyone else like to meet up ?
Maybe all these AZ people that are planning on being there ?

I gotta leave for the day - but I will check back tonight ! Have a good day !

backsthepack
01-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Oh so jealous! I wish I could go. My husband has put a hold on Disney trips for awhile. We have been 4 times in the last 13 months or so....he just doesn't love Disneyland like I do!:crying:

I hope you get to meet up with some other AZ people. I know there are enough of us on this board.

Courtney Anne
01-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Oh so jealous! I wish I could go. My husband has put a hold on Disney trips for awhile. We have been 4 times in the last 13 months or so....he just doesn't love Disneyland like I do!:crying:

I hope you get to meet up with some other AZ people. I know there are enough of us on this board.

Well, I am sorry. I will have to send you a postcard... something like "I am sorry you couldn't be here - maybe next time. We missed you !" then you can show your husband how much Mickey missed you and that you need to come back.

NOTE: It is almost two in the morning - and this could be NOT FUNNY at all - and rather quite stupid - but again in is 2 am.

backsthepack
01-21-2007, 05:57 AM
No, it is funny! ;)

I did talk him into a June trip while we were at dinner last night. Our 7 year old wants to spend his birthday there. So he agreed, with the "rule" of only 2 days at the park and the rest of the time at the beach, Hollywood (our son has a strange wish to visit Hollywood) and other L.A. area attractions.

Courtney Anne
01-21-2007, 10:11 AM
that's great ! my son wanted to hit the beach while we were there as well... but I don't want to rent a car - we will be staying across the street fromthe parks (within walking distance) and I am going to take a shuttle from the airport

we have been before - and after we get there i know he will want to spend his time in the parks anyway

we always like going to huntington beach - great shopping and restaurants there plus the sand and surf

az_snow
01-21-2007, 10:50 PM
That would be fun to meet another AZ person from the board.. but we aren't going to be there the same time. I will be there for 5 days in March. You are lucky, you don't have to wait as long! Have fun :)

Katran
01-22-2007, 05:58 AM
We're going to be there at pretty much the same time, the 1st through the 5th. I'd love to see you there! There will be 8 of us going, including my BIL who is a VERY big guy, so we might be hard to miss, depending on how crowded it is, lol! ;)

tinker3
01-22-2007, 08:50 AM
We will just miss you, sorry. We are just doing a short trip on the 8th-10th. Have a great time and a wonderful Birthday! :)

yohomama212
01-22-2007, 09:05 AM
I'll probably be in the park at least one of those days. Probably the 2nd, since it's the Friday and that seems to be becoming a park day for me and the kids. (Saturday is blacked out for me, and Sunday is the Super Bowl.) Mondays and Tuesdays are busy days for me. PM me if you're interested and we'll see about working something out.

Liz :cool:

Courtney Anne
01-28-2007, 01:54 PM
I know that you regulars normally meet on Sunday - but I was wondering if you were going to meet on this sunday due to Superbowl.

I will be there with my son and I would love to meet people from online.

Where and what time do you meet ?

Are there any other newbies that will be visiting that weekend ? You should come too !

Besides it is my Birthday (Feb3) - so you HAVE TO come !!

See you there !!!!!!

cakeunit3
01-30-2007, 07:42 AM
One of said newbie here......We will be in the park Sunday Monday and Tuesday (4, 5, & 6)...... As it stands we have princess dinner reservations @ 5:30 Sunday night but other than that are mostly free.

dsnyredhead
01-30-2007, 07:58 AM
The general meeting is Sunday, Noon at the Hub. Look for the group of people near the Goofy statue. There isn't always alot of people but generally someone is usually there.

Katran
01-30-2007, 08:12 AM
What do you usually do when you meet up?

cstephens
01-30-2007, 11:09 AM
The general meeting is Sunday, Noon at the Hub. Look for the group of people near the Goofy statue. There isn't always alot of people but generally someone is usually there.

Keep in mind that a number of different sites/people use the noon meet at the hub as a meeting place. Even if there are a lot of people there, they're not necessarily from MousePad. We did a walk-by a couple weeks ago, and there were about 20 people for the meet, but they were all from another website.

Darkbeer
01-30-2007, 11:51 AM
^Hey, I was at the Hub a couple of weeks ago at the Hub, and I am usually there. Looks like Lisa (Deogge's Mom) and myself will be there this Sunday until about 2 PM, and then head home to watch the big game.

Now, I have to state that one particular website (MiceChat) is currently the vast majority of folks who attend, but I have seen folks from other sites, including this one quite frequently.

Remember, the Noon Meet was originally designed as the place for those who enjoy Disney and talk about it on the Internet to gather and talk in "real life". Stop by and say Hi, and if you don't find anyone you want to talk to, just say goodbye and enjoy the rest of your day. Currently, most Sundays the group has been splitting up into two groups for lunch around 12:30 PM. This helps, as the entire group has played havoc at one location due to its size. Many folks also just leave when the others are off to lunch.

MunkyMe13
01-30-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm not going then but I'm from AZ too :)

cstephens
01-30-2007, 04:31 PM
This helps, as the entire group has played havoc at one location due to its size.

We didn't have too many problems with that back in the day, when the restaurants were run better than they seem to be now. I miss being one of Sue's regulars. :crying: And this would be a good time for Big Thunder BBQ...

Courtney Anne
01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm not going then but I'm from AZ too :)

hi there neighbor

Katran
01-31-2007, 05:23 AM
We'll probably pop over there around noon just to say hi, but I'm going to be with such a large group this time that I doubt they'll want to spend much time hanging out with a group of strangers that only one person in our party has ever talked to before. I know the kids in our group won't want to chit-chat long, lol!