PDA

View Full Version : Trip report Friday January 19, 2007

potzbie
01-19-2007, 10:10 PM
A quick trip report.

I was at DCA and DL (Friday 01/19/07).
First, DCA.

Saw the Miner Forty-Niners. Always good.

Very short lines for SOARIN' OVER CALIFORNIA. -- By "short", I mean, when you walk in, you are directed to one of the boarding cages, without having to stand in a queue and await a boarding cage to clear.

"Drawn to Animation" had the three "celebrities" be (a.) Mickey Mouse in his Sorcerer's Apprentice outfit; (b.) Woody from TOY STORY; (c.) Cinderella.

Note to self: Must try the ribs at TASTE PILOT GRILL in near future.

Hop to DL.

Excellent experience at REFRESHMENT CORNER. "Robert" was the piano player. But who else should be there but "Johnny" in his civilian skivvies! "Robert" let "Johnny" play two tunes. Good stuff. But wait! Who shows up but MARY POPPINS (in work-a-day red dress, not the Jolly Holiday white dress) and BURT THE CHIMNEY SWEEP! They hung around for photo ops, and sang the words to the movie tunes which "Robert" played.

I ate a cream-cheese-filled soft pretzel, for the FIRST TIME at REFRESHMENT CORNER. Good! Later had popcorn, too.

I saw the partition in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle. They must be taking down the 50th Anniversary decorations.

At The CARNATION PLAZA GARDENS I sat in to hear a high school "jazz ensemble" do a half-hour set. They were good. I never would have thought "Theme from MisterRogers Neighborhood" ("Won't you be my neighbor?") would make a decent jazz chart.

As I was leaving, I caught the tail end of THE DAPPER DANS. The bass was "Jim," the old Dapper Dan (the tall guy who wore the constable outfit and stood on the right side). Of course today's DANS dress purely in the Gay Nineties (yes, that is the technical term!) dress of straw hat and spats. The DANS played the DEAGAN CHIMES. I thought the new DANS were going to retire that bit. Glad to see that they kept the DEAGAN CHIMES.

No rock band at Tomorrowland Stage, and no (pro) swing band at Carnation Plaza Gardens, on Fridays. Schedule says Saturday DL will have both.

Oy! It gets cold early! I should have brought my hoodie with me.
That's all, folks!

raediance
01-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks! x)

nvmom
01-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Thanks! How fun for Bert & Mary Poppins to show up! :)

nvmom