PDA

View Full Version : Filming policy in the parks

ToursbabeC3po
01-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi everyone! It has been a while since I have been here. For those of you that do not remember me I worked in the parks for a while but I have not worked there in two years.
I now work for a Comedy troop and I have a question about Filming in the parks. Is there any Policy if it is not going on TV but it will be on a TV station on the internet?
If we decide to put it on TV do we have to get permission?
This is not anything I had to deal with while working there because I worked in attractions and we are planning a trip in the near future.

Thank you:-)

lagunachadling
01-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone! It has been a while since I have been here. For those of you that do not remember me I worked in the parks for a while but I have not worked there in two years.
I now work for a Comedy troop and I have a question about Filming in the parks. Is there any Policy if it is not going on TV but it will be on a TV station on the internet?
If we decide to put it on TV do we have to get permission?
This is not anything I had to deal with while working there because I worked in attractions and we are planning a trip in the near future.

Thank you:-)
What are you filming for? Use?

vfire
01-19-2007, 10:33 PM
If it's commercial in nature, that is you plan to make money from the film/video, then you'll need to get permission. Don't know how hard that is to get from DLR, but I would guess pretty hard. You'd probably need to sign forms promising you won't defame the parks, have lewd content, etc. DLR is private property so they have the rights and you don't.

ToursbabeC3po
01-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks for your reply. I just got my answer so I am not concerned any longer. This footage will only air on the internet and there is no Rules for the internet. It is not anything that would be bad for Disney.
I was just concerned because it is a professional Camera and if they were to see us taping they may stop us every five minutes. We are also going to bring a Panasonic Hand Held if we get bothered to much.

lagunachadling I can't say what I am filming for because of Confidentiality clauses but if you go to my myspace profile you may get an idea ;)

Thanks again!

cstephens
01-23-2007, 11:18 AM
This footage will only air on the internet and there is no Rules for the internet.

I disagree. If it's an amateur production being broadcast for free on a personal website or something like youtube, that would be ok. If it's something that's being charged for and streamed on the internet, that would still be a commercial production and would be prohibited.