PDA

View Full Version : Crowne Plaza

derraj25
01-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Any experience of the Crowne Plaza? Looked at the reviews and none too current. Will be staying there next month and would like a current review if any of you have one.

Thanks

--d2

disneyochem
01-19-2007, 05:52 PM
We stayed there last April--used Priceline and got a great deal on the room. I really enjoyed the room--very comfy beds, sleep package (ear plugs, CD, lavendar mist for the pillow, etc.). I think it is great place for business travel but not sure if I would stay there with family on a vacation. It is in a great location--right next to Red Robin, Outback, Target, etc. but the whole place is geared towards the business traveler.

Very clean, well-kept hotel. Staff was great and helpful. Just thought that with two kids (7 and 9) it wasn't the best.

derraj25
01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
That sounds perfect. It will just be my wife and I. How far is it to the main entrance to the park? 20-min? Is it safe to walk it?

--d2

spectromen
01-19-2007, 06:32 PM
It's safe but that's a VERY long walk. I don't recommend it. The Crowne is in the farthest group of new hotels down Harbor Blvd and it's really in Garden Grove.
I *do* recommend the hotel itself, though . Great rooms, beds, and facilities for the price.

derraj25
01-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Sweet...I really appreciate the info! Looking forward to the trip!

--d2

Karen256
01-20-2007, 04:46 AM
We stayed there in October and it was fine, no complaints at all. They do have a shuttle to DLR that runs about every 30 minutes. They share it with a couple other hotels.