PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Basket for DD

nun69
01-19-2007, 01:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten the birthday basket from vacation planning? And have you ever done the birthday thing for dinner? I was wondering if I shoul dod this for my daughter even though we will be there a week before her b-day. Her b-day is Apr 16th and she will be 14 and since I figured the 2 little ones will just really enjoy the excitement, I thought it might be nice to do something just for her. Just wondering what you guys might think.

Tinkermommy
01-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Do you mean the baskets delivered to your hotel room? If so, I say YES!

My daughter's grandparents took all of us to the DH last spring for her birthday. I had a basket sent to their room as a thank you, and decided to have one sent to my daughter in our room as well. She couldn't have been happier!

The baskets were beautiful, and the contents -- edible and not -- were quality. Worth every penny, in my opinion. Definitely made her feel special!

nun69
01-20-2007, 09:04 AM
just wondering though since it will not actually be here b-day until the 16th should I still do a b-day basket or should I do a different themed basket?

Tinkermommy
01-20-2007, 05:53 PM
I think it's close enough that it would be very appropriate to do a birthday theme. However, they have other themed baskets, so if there is a particular character she likes, you could do that instead, and still make it be in celebration of her birthday.

Incidentally, my daughter's birthday is in February, and we originally booked the birthday trip the same week. However, due to demands at her grandma's work, we had to cancel and reschedule. We ended up not getting to take her birthday trip until May. Since that was her birthday celebration with her grandparents, we did the whole birthday thing on that visit anyway!

biolabetty
01-20-2007, 11:34 PM
For my older daughter's birthday, we celebrated 2 weeks early, and it was fun for the smaller ones. Instead of a birthday basket, I got her the chocolate lovers basket, it was more "her" than the birthday basket was. They still put a birthday balloon on it, and it was still very festive looking. Don't forget to go by the tortilla factory in DCA and get her free dozen tortillas. She just needs to make sure they can see her birthday badge.

TinaMouse
01-21-2007, 09:53 AM
I know you're looking for DLR, but here is the website for the WDW florist/gift basket. You could at least get a good idea of what you get for the money and then get the contact info for DLR

http://www.disneyflorist.com/?website_id=485745524856546565

We have been the recipient of baskets and they are WONDERFUL surprises!

FabFive
01-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Does anyone have a link of what kind of baskets we can choose from. We're going in March to celebrate my daughter's 6th birthday.:D

TinaMouse
01-21-2007, 03:15 PM
See my post above. It says "disney florist" but I think it is WDW. It will give you an idea of what is in the baskets and what they cost. Link is above post

nun69
01-22-2007, 07:08 AM
here's a link to the thread I posted to that lists all of the DL Baskets and their prices...the prices are good and it's been updated Dec 2006

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=65569