PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at the Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites?

disneyshoes
01-19-2007, 01:08 PM
We booked our room at the Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites but have never stayed there...does anyone have any information? We were going to book at the Carousel (to have 2 bathrooms in the suite) but I have read so many bad reviews about the noise with suites.

Thanks!

nvmom
01-19-2007, 01:16 PM
We stayed at the Camelot last March and we're booked there again next month. We like the 2 room family suite. 2 queens in one room, TV, dresser drawers, large bath counter and seperate toilet/shower room. The other room has another queen bed, a sofa pull-out, an arm chair, coffee table, TV, micro-refridge, small kitchen type sink and a kitchen table w/4 chairs. We found the rooms very spacious w/2 adults and 4 children, plus stoller etc.

Now, this property has no grounds really and it's defiantly got an old motel feel on the outside. Cement stairwells, older elevators. I was a little nervous until we actually got to the room. The rooms have all been refurbished within the last year or so. They were very clean. The beds are on the hard side, but not bad. The pool is on the roof, it's small (shallow) but decent enough and there is a hot tub. You can see the fireworks from the pool area. The breakfast room is small. We took our food up to our suite. It's pretty minimal... 3 kinds of cereal, some basic fruit, juice, bagels & danish, coffee. Enough to get us started.

Both times I've reserved I've talked to Armando on the phone and he's been very helpful.

nvmom

disneyshoes
01-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks! It is great to hear from someone that has stayed there! We payed extra for the balcony/view suite. Did you by any chance have that- just trying to decide if the extra money is worth it...I am sure the kids will like it.

nvmom
01-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm actually not aware of the balcony/view suite? What did they tell you about it? and how much more was it?

nvmom

WITron
01-19-2007, 02:22 PM
We stayed at the Carousel and had a good stay there. The only thing that we had issue with was we were supposed to get a room with a king size bed and the room didn't. I went down to the desk and we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite.

disneyshoes
01-19-2007, 02:49 PM
They mentioned that the balcony was small butr over looked the park for firework viewing. It is an additonal 50 per night.

disneyshoes
01-19-2007, 02:49 PM
How was the noise level in the 2 bedroom suite at the carousel?

Thanks for the replys.

WITron
01-19-2007, 08:20 PM
How was the noise level in the 2 bedroom suite at the carousel?

We didn't notice any noise. The suite we were in was right up front, which was convenient for the breakfast room. We only stayed 1 night before we were able to check into the time share we were staying at for the rest of our trip. The view from the breakfast room real helped to set the mood, and it was nice to just walk across the street to get to the park.

nvmom
01-20-2007, 07:25 AM
One of the family suites must be located at the end of building, above the lobby? That's the only way I can think that you'd get a direct view of the park. Otherwise all the room doors and windows are located on the side of the building... which you can see part of the park from. Personally, I wouldn't pay another $50 a night for that room.

nvmom