PDA

View Full Version : Is the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour worth the money?

Sheila S
01-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Since I've been to Disneyland so many times before, I thought I'd try something new. I've never been on a tour and want to know if this one is worth the time and money? Is a different one better?

Niwel
01-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Walk in Walt's is a really interesting tour. It goes beyond the basic "welcome to D-land" and focuses more on Disney himself. It includes lunch and some really great behind-the-scenes stops. I think it is worth it...
Sue Kruse wrote this article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue/sk021113.htm) about the tour, although I think the prices are slightly higher now (APs get a discount).

hbquikcomjamesl
01-19-2007, 12:49 PM
I've taken it every year since it's inception. It has evolved over the years. I wouldn't continue taking it every year if it hadn't been worth it.

I'm most likely going to allow my pass to expire (after having had an unrestricted pass for my entire adult life) this July, but I'll almost certainly take the tour a few days earlier than usual, in order to get it in.

disneyhound
01-19-2007, 01:45 PM
I sure hope so, we are taking the tour on the 29th!

We got a discount with our Disney Rewards Visa!

lurkyloo
01-19-2007, 03:04 PM
I took the tour a couple of years ago and found it to be full of the usual old chestnuts and long-since-debunked urban legends. I felt like I knew more about the park than the guide just from reading a couple of official park books! Did I just get a bad guide? Should I try it again?