PDA

View Full Version : Rain Ponchos

rozcro
01-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Can you purchase a rain pancho at Disneyland? Last time we were there & it rained & it seemed like everyone miraculously had a rain pancho but we could never find them. Do you have to buy them ahead of time?

my2princesses
01-18-2007, 04:00 PM
You can get them at the store next to grizzly river run. They are about $10 each I think and they have Mickey on them. If you want to save money I would buy plain rain panchos outside of the park. Maybe at either Target or the little ABC souviner shop next to candy cane inn and 7 eleven.

Michelle

sierranevada
01-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I also have a few cheap ones from Target in my bag that I travel with so I don't have to worry about it.

Park Freak
01-18-2007, 04:35 PM
(said in my little kid whiney voice)

But the ones at The Park have Mickey on them!!!

disneyhound
01-18-2007, 05:11 PM
2 for a buck at the Dollar Store...

Bytebear
01-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Just punch a hole in a trash bag. Sure you will look like a giant potato, and children will point and laugh, but you will be dry. Just don't get a bag that says "Hefty" on it, particularly if you fit the description.

Malcon10t
01-18-2007, 07:21 PM
We get the ones at WalMart for about $3. You can get the blue one there. At Disneyland, they say "Disneyland Resort" on the back and cost $8-9 each. I'm not willing to spend $5 for "Disneyland Resort" to be on my back.

lagunachadling
01-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Do yourself a favor and go buy the poncho outside the park, be prepared........when it rains, the Merchandise Department sees $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, they charge and arm and a leg for them, and they know it, it is there biggest sellers on those day, and they make a mint off of them, and they are CHEAP quality!!!

MickeyDogMom
01-18-2007, 08:32 PM
We get the ones at WalMart for about $3. You can get the blue one there. At Disneyland, they say "Disneyland Resort" on the back and cost $8-9 each. I'm not willing to spend $5 for "Disneyland Resort" to be on my back.

Yeah, We bring ones from target or something (blue so we don't stand out) and I have one for my puppy. For some reason people don't like that wet dog smell in the HM elevator.:confused: I like that smell. :D

backsthepack
01-19-2007, 04:24 AM
The last time we were there when it rained you could get them at any store in the park. The ones we got are blue with Disneyland Resort on them. Some had yellow ones with Mickey on them. Anyway, we paid like $8.00 each for them. But they are well made, we have had them for a few years now.

DangerMouse
01-19-2007, 06:12 AM
2 for a buck at the Dollar Store...

Just remember that you get what you pay for with the Dollar Store ponchos. We used them one year and they ripped really easily and were not all that water-proof. We still felt cold and wet.

The next time we spent just a little more to get them at Target, and they worked MUCH better.

Katran
01-19-2007, 06:59 AM
If you're really set on the Disney ones, is that something you can get cheaper at the Character Warehouse?

We bought a couple last year when we were surprised by the rain, and we still have them this year. And somewhere I have another couple that I bought two years ago, again when we were surprised by the rain. All the years I went to Disneyland it never rained once on me, but the past two times I went it rained both times! :rolleyes:

Katlovett
01-19-2007, 07:05 AM
My recollection is that the Disneyland stores had rain ponchos for sale but kept them under the counter, not on display. So you have to go into the store and ask a clerk specifically for a rain poncho and they will go get one for you.

Katprint

yenko427
01-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Bytebear, you made me smile with your Hefty remark.
The dollar store ones are not bad. I used them at a Nascar race and they kept us dry for several hours. I guess it depends on how hard you are on them. I am heading there today to get some.

nvmom
01-19-2007, 07:59 AM
We stepped it up this year and bought the $3.46 ponchos from Walmart. The kids were all excited because they got to pick their color. I'm still picking couple packs at the dollar store. They're great for putting overthe stroller or wrapping around the backpack, etc.

I also highly recommend bringing 2 pairs of decent shoes for everyone. I'd read that here before but I truth is/was my kids don't have 2 pairs of tennis shoes. Last trip we had one morning of rain-bad- we were drenched- like pour the water out of your shoes and wring out your jeans. Trying to get shoes dry in the hotel was not fun. This time I'm figuring out 2 pairs of comfortable shoes somehow. :)

nvmom

charpaul
01-19-2007, 10:01 AM
When the rain starts - they sell ponchos AND umbrellas at the park - BUT you have to ask at the counter for either one!!!

I have a very nice umbrella with Mickey Mouse that I paid $10 for this winter one day... I have it with my "rain gear" for the park;)