PDA

View Full Version : Mulholland/Indiana Jones questions

mask41
01-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Is Mulholland Madness recommended for 5 year olds - do they need to ride with an adult? Does it spin continuously/is the spinning controllable?

Okay, for a wimp who doesn't want to miss too many rides due to wimpiness -could someone give me a description of what Indiana Jones Adventure is REALLY like - drops, dips, spins, etc:eek: ! I am up in the air as to whether I should go for it - sounds awesome!

Thanks,
Amy

my2princesses
01-18-2007, 11:13 AM
MM is a fun ride. Our Daughter loves this ride. She first went on it when she was five. There are some areas where it feels like you are gonna go right off the top, but then it swings back in. This part can be a little scary for a 5 yr old, but they get used to it after the first time. I would suggest having your child sit on the inside seat.
INDY is a really fun ride also. I noticed that the last few times we went on it it was a little jerky, but still fun. Our daughter went on INDY last year and was in tears when she got off. She is pretty fearless, but for some reason she didn't like this ride. It just depends on the child. There is a height restriction so your 5 yr old might not be able to ride. Our Daughter is really tall for her age and she rode it when she was 6 yrs old. I'll let someone else give you a detailed explanation of INDY, I'm not so good at that:)

Michelle

vfire
01-18-2007, 11:18 AM
I would definitely not put a 5 year-old on MM by him/herself. It's a crazy mouse type ride with lots of twists and turns with only a lap bar for protection.

Unless you're really sensitive to motion, you should be fine on Indiana Jones and will have a blast.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-18-2007, 11:25 AM
MM is a fun ride. Our Daughter loves this ride. She first went on it when she was five. There are some areas where it feels like you are gonna go right off the top, but then it swings back in. This part can be a little scary for a 5 yr old, but they get used to it after the first time. I would suggest having your child sit on the inside seat.
INDY is a really fun ride also. I noticed that the last few times we went on it it was a little jerky, but still fun. Our daughter went on INDY last year and was in tears when she got off. She is pretty fearless, but for some reason she didn't like this ride. It just depends on the child. There is a height restriction so your 5 yr old might not be able to ride. Our Daughter is really tall for her age and she rode it when she was 6 yrs old. I'll let someone else give you a detailed explanation of INDY, I'm not so good at that:)

Michelle

My fearless DD was the same way, now she wants to ride, but only if we cover her eyes when the Snake appears, she wasn't quite 5 her first ride (extremely tall) , probably not our best parenting decision to expose her to snakes and bugs............

acpalmer
01-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Is Mulholland Madness recommended for 5 year olds - do they need to ride with an adult? Does it spin continuously/is the spinning controllable?

MM is one of my 5 year old's favorites!! He really likes it. There is no spinning at all, just tight turns. DH or I always rode the ride with our son, but I guess we wouldn't have *had* to, he was in pretty tight and had a great time. We still pretty much always ride with the kids, though, on everything.

my2princesses
01-18-2007, 11:45 AM
My fearless DD was the same way, now she wants to ride, but only if we cover her eyes when the Snake appears, she wasn't quite 5 her first ride (extremely tall) , probably not our best parenting decision to expose her to snakes and bugs............

We are hoping now that our DD is 7yrs old maybe she will like INDY a little more.Our DD is a bit of a tomboy, but I think the snake was a little bigger than what she would have liked to see. I think it was the falling ball that really freaked her out. Maybe we will try covering her eyes also:)

Michelle

darph nader
01-18-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm with vfire on this one. MM, 'stinks' (to be polite) imho.

nvmom
01-18-2007, 01:48 PM
My dh is trying to convince me to go on Indy... Our oldest dd (11 yrs on our last trip) went w/him and she didn't like it, doesn't care to go again. The sound of large snakes and falling boulders doesn't sound "fun" to me. I am a chicken though. :)

Theresa

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Indy is the best, its so much fun!

my2princesses
01-18-2007, 02:50 PM
NVMOM, you have to try INDY at least once. I think you will find you really like it. I think it is one of the better rides:)

Michelle

dznyphreak
01-18-2007, 05:00 PM
I love both rides! MM is jerky, but safe and fun if you can handle a pretty steep drop. Indy is a must. Bold, italic, underline! How can you not ride it now? ;) Seriously, you need to ride it. If you honestly are scared of snakes (even large mechanical ones), sit in the middle. This avoids having anything pop out at you. But most of all, enjoy!

AngelBear
01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
I haven't been on MM, so I can't comment on that one.

But Indy is a must, I agree with that. It's not a roller-coaster-type ride. There are little "drops" but they're very slow. It can be a bit jerky, more so on the outside I think. But basically it's like 4x4ing. Possibly a little rough, but nothing that would give you butterflies.