PDA

View Full Version : Playhouse Disney Show?

crzy4splashmtn
01-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Our family has just booked our vacation to DL we are going May 12 through 16. Yay! I can't wait. My sister and I are traveling with our husbands and our young boys ages 2, 3, and 6. They all love to watch Playhouse Disney and adore Higglytown, Wiggles, Doodlebops, Little Einstiens and most of the other current shows. I was curious what characters are in the show at DCA. I noticed Bear in the Big Blue House listed but the kids arent too familiar with him ( I don't think that show has been on in years) We will go regardless just would love some feed back about the show. Oh yeah is there a shop to buy Playhouse merchandise?

yohomama212
01-18-2007, 10:50 AM
We took DS a few years ago when the Disney Channel still aired Bear, Stanley, Pooh and Friends, and the other shows they included in the PHD Show. It was nice for him to see them like that and he mostly enjoyed it. (He was about 18 months or so and loud noises and big crowds have always overwhelmed him.) Now I think it's got Bear, Stanley, JoJo, and maybe some others. We only went that once. The Wiggles, Doodlebops, and Little Einstiens are not likely to be in it from my understanding. There's a store right across the "street" from the entrance to the show where my mom bought the Bear and the Big Blue House bath toys for DS. Not sure how much PHD merchandise is there now.

Liz :cool:

MollyTrolly
01-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Its bear, Stanley, JoJos circus and Pooh, but I heard their were plans to add Handy Manny, not sure what ever happened with that.

lbrackjo
01-18-2007, 11:38 AM
We saw the show a couple of weeks ago. Line up is Bear, JoJo, Stanley and Pooh. Your 6 year old may not find it that interesting. Show is about 15 to 20 minutes long. Don't sit too close to the stage as that blocks the view to the deeper parts of the stage and the action on the sides. Plant yourself about 12 feet back. I've never seen it full and it runs several times a day, so just show up about 5 minutes before show time.

acpalmer
01-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, as of December Bear in the Big Blue House was still on everyday, my kids watched it when we were home, but that may have changed for January. It hasn't been years, though, I can guarantee that.

When we went to the PHD show in November it was Pooh, Stanley, Bear, and JoJo. (JoJo I know is still on, as is Stanley--the version of Pooh that the show is based on may not be on anymore, but it's still just the Pooh characters that the boys would know.)

My boys (5 and 3) really, really, liked it. Very interactive, they let the kids move around a lot and if you get there early, you can get a seat right up front, which is great. It was especially nice in June when it was hot and we wanted to sit somewhere air conditioned. Seriously, though, I would definitely recommend it for pre-schoolers. At least try it once, it's not all that long.

crzy4splashmtn
01-18-2007, 12:13 PM
thanks for all the insights on the show. Can't wait till May!

LibertyCall
01-18-2007, 12:43 PM
My kids loved it. How can you not like raining bubbles?!

nvmom
01-18-2007, 01:51 PM
It's cute. We've seen it twice... same show both years. I do agree that it could use a little update though. It's very interactive and you sit on the floor so very easy w/the kids. My son still remember the bubbles and the streamers!!

nvmom