PDA

View Full Version : Which Character Breakfast is best?

disneyherewecome
01-18-2007, 10:41 AM
We are headed to Disneyland on March 10th and we have signed up for a Character Breakfast. Which is the best out of these? Goofy's Kitchen, Lilo & Stitch, The Storyteller's Cafe and Minnie and Friends??? Which would you prefer if you had a DS who is 6 and a DD who is 4? Why? I need to call and make the reservations, but I am not sure which would be better. I am assuming that if you go to Goofy's kitchen that you will see probably Goofy and Pluto? If you go to Minnie and Friends you probably see Mickey and Minnie? I am thrilled to be going back!

jenvaz
01-18-2007, 10:47 AM
I prefer the Lilo and Stitch breakfast, I have been many times and you get great character interaction and the food was fantastic.

I also went to the Storytellers breakfast. The food was great, but the characters did not come to the tables as much as the Lilo and Stitch.

yohomama212
01-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Lilo and Stitch? Where is this? DS would love this!

Liz :cool:

stan4d_steph
01-18-2007, 10:54 AM
I would suggest doing a search of this forum using the keywords "best character breakfast." You'll find a lot of prior discussion. There are also user reviews in our database (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Restaurants%2 0%2F%20Character%20dining).

This recent thread is a good place to start also (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=62084&highlight=character+breakfast).

The only breakfast I've been to is Storytellers, and that was for the food. I'm glad the character interaction is kept to a minimum there.

DangerMouse
01-18-2007, 12:56 PM
We did Storytellers breakfast last week and enjoyed it FAR more than any other character breakfast we've been to.

The food was absolutely wonderful, service was exceptional, and I thought the character interaction was perfect. We saw: Kota and Kenai, Timon, Chip & Dale and Mikko from Pocohontas. They all spent a lot of time with my kids and played games and danced with them.

Wendi
01-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Definitely Storyteller's Cafe for me... I crave that French Toast!!! YUM. You can order off the menu or choose the buffet (I always opt for the buffet). I think the character interaction is good, but the characters are not necessarily the big ones that everyone looks forward to seeing. You are probably not going to see Mickey Mouse at any of the character meals (unless you are fortunate enough to run into him at Club 33!). At Storyteller's you are likely to see Kenai, Koda, Brer Bear, Terk, a crazy park ranger guy, Chip and Dale.

ochibiyo
01-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Hello! Lilo and Stitch are at the Paradise Pier and we love it! The kids got to play games and the food is great!! Stitch and Pluto came to our table twice and we were only there for 1 hour! My Hawaii parents were happy because of the rice and pineapple scones! Minnie and Friends come in second, but it is very busy in there! Lilo and Stitch was so relaxed and calm!!!!

hlbtimes2
01-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Minnies gets our family vote. We usually have a light breakfast at the hotel, play for a couple hours, then go to breakfast at Minnies. Then we skip lunch. We've had the best interaction there and we love tht we dont have to leave the park to eat.

IdahoMike
01-18-2007, 09:23 PM
We have done both Goofy's and Minnie's and enjoyed both. I liked how the characters seemed to have a pattern at Minnie's, so that they got to everyone, because my kids love the character interaction. We got Minnie, Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, Capt. Hook, Chip, Dale, and Fairy Godmother. Food was pretty good too, but like others have said, it was super busy.

We will be trying either Lilo & Stitch or Storytellers next time.

disneyshoes
01-19-2007, 01:33 PM
We have done Goofy's and Minnie...LOVED Goofy's kitchen. Both had great food but it was more upbeat at Goofy's :)

joannabanana
02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Which is a better character breakfast- Storytellers or PCH Grill? How is the food? How is the character interaction? THANKS!!!!!

geoffa
02-11-2007, 12:35 PM
We did Storytellers breakfast last week and enjoyed it FAR more than any other character breakfast we've been to.

I have to second that. Great food with a wide selection and the characters really go all out to entertain and interact with the kids (and adults). Really nice place to have breakfast too.

julw
02-11-2007, 01:01 PM
For me it's all about convience. I like to go to the one that is the closest to us or where we are staying. DH and I went to Goofy's Kitchen when we stayed at DLH (this was before kids, so my memory of it isn't much though). We went to Stroytellers when we stayed at GCH and it was nice, good food. When we stay off property we go to Minnie's at the Plaza Inn because you just can't beat finishing breakfast and walking right out into the magic ;-). They are all great I'm sure, but for us the location is what decides where we go.

BTW- we will be there at the same time (march 11-16) and my ds is 6 and my dd is 4....kind of funny ;-)

pisces
02-11-2007, 02:18 PM
In terms of food only: Lilo and Stitch is far better than Minnies.

neverlander
02-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Our family thoroughly enjoyed the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at PPH. In contrast to Minnie & Friends and Storyteller's, Lilo & Stitch had much more activity and interaction. Our kids (DD5 & DD7) loved learning the hula dance and playing the games. Although DH & I like being able to order off the menu at Storyteller's, the buffet at Lilo & Stitch was surprisingly good with a nice variety of offerings. The only thing is, our kids hardly ate anything because they were so busy the entire time!

Malcon10t
02-23-2007, 01:05 PM
I am assuming that if you go to Goofy's kitchen that you will see probably Goofy and Pluto? If you go to Minnie and Friends you probably see Mickey and Minnie? I am thrilled to be going back!At Goofy's, we usually see Goofy, Pluto, various princesses, the Mad Hatter, Goofy's cousin, and a few others. Minnie has Minnie, Donald, princesses, and various other friends, but my understanding is Mickey rarely puts in an appearance at any of these.

tlovesdis
02-23-2007, 01:18 PM
We've done them all and our favorite by far is Lilo and Stitch! The character interaction is awesome and so is the food!!! We saw Lilo, Stitch, Minnie, Daisy, Max, and Pluto. My niece got to play musical islands (like Musical Chairs) with Stitch and she ended up chansing him around the place. It was so fun! She also got to hula with Minnie and Lilo.

The buffett there is the best in my opinion. Loved the pineapple scones!

The others were just ok. If I had to put those in order after Lilo & Stitch it would be Goofy's, Minnie's, then Storytellers. We did not enjoy Storytellers at all.

wabby1
02-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Lilo & Stitch....hands down. Gets my vote. The food is good, and the characters interact with the people without crowding or geeking over the food.

Pat-n-Eil
02-23-2007, 02:52 PM
We have enjoyed Goofy's Kitchen several times - back in the old location and also where it currently is now. Storyteller's used to be one of our favorite places, but we've never done a character breakfast there and for the past couple of years we've been disappointed with Storyteller's in general. Questionable service and the food quality has gone down.

We stayed at PPH one year and we enjoyed the PCH Grill on several occasions, but we never did partake in the character breakfast. Can anyone tell me what the buffet is like in relation to Goofy's Kitchen?

My kids have made the PB&J pizza a tradition now - and I like the variety. I was thinking of possibly doing a dinner at Goofy's this year, but I'd like to know a lot more about the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at PCH Grill.

kimbopotamus
02-23-2007, 08:29 PM
HUGE thanks for those who suggested Lilo & Stitch at Paradise Pier! I had no idea about this one and I have been debating which character meal we would attend in April. We did Goofy's Kitchen last year and it was fabulous, but I like to try new things and my daughters LOVE L&S.
I am making my reservations there this year!!!! Thanks so much!

Texas Pirate
02-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Do any of the character breakfasts feature pirates? I've only seen the popular animated characters like Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, etc. A friend of mine told me she has a Disney Visa credit card which can be used for up to 6 people to attend a character breakfast with the character of her choice. She thinks that includes Jack Sparrow, but I don't think that's possible. I thought I'd check here first to be sure. Thanks! :)