PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Family Secret... Shhhh, don't tell

Pat-n-Eil
01-18-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm lucky that my family doesn't read this board.. that means I can tell you my secret.

We are planning the largest family vacation to Disneyland ever. It pales in comparison to some of you, but the players are Myself, my wife and my son. My daughter and her fiance. My dad and his fiance.

So here's the deal. We all wanted to go to Disneyland together so we found a date that worked for us and set about getting our reservations and tickets. My dad and his lovely lady are flying down on Monday evening, June 25th and staying at the Grand Californian.

I handled the reservations for my party of 3 plus my daughter's party of 2. I got good airfare from Aloha Airlines and after some research I made reservations at the Park Place Inn, announced the prices and my daughter is paying for her travel and lodging by giving us monthly payments..

Well.......
What my wife, son, daughter and her fiance don't know is that I've secretly upgraded our vacation. We're not staying at the Park Place Inn - we're going to also stay at the Grand Californian - and as an added bonus, I've arranged for a stretch Lincoln limousine to pick us up at John Wayne Airport. My wife has always wanted to ride in one.

I told the limo company that I'm going to ask the driver to take us to the Park Place Inn, but really he'll take us to GCH. My dad and his fiance will meet us when we arrive.

I will also spring for Goofy's Kitchen for all of us (don't know if it'll be breakfast or dinner) and my Dad wants to take us all out one night too.. maybe Napa Rose or Storytellers.. not sure yet.

I'm excited already.

nun69
01-18-2007, 08:29 AM
that is too KEWL...they will be so surprised!!!!!

MollyTrolly
01-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Wow thats awesome. I woudl love to take a limo to DL!!

Its funny, we are actually thinking about downgrading from Residence inn maingate to Desert Inn, which would basically pay to bring our nieces with use as well for our trip for free.

I woudl love to stay at GC, but DH and I need our privat etime and I just cant pay the prices for the suites.

Disneynerd
01-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Will you adopt me? :)

Your surprises sound great - what a good husband you are!

my2princesses
01-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Great Surprise!!!!

nvmom
01-18-2007, 10:58 AM
This is so fun!! We always get decent rates w/Aloha Airlines. The limo is so fun! We surprised our kids our first trip w/a limo. Gosh, good luck keeping your secret.

nvmom

jeffthechef
01-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Can I call you Dad?

That sounds like a dream vacation that you will remember for the rest of your lives. Enjoy it while you can. My dad never got to see DL before he died. Savor every minute with your family!:)

Also, I highly recommend Storytellers. It is a great place to unwind after all of that walking.

darph nader
01-18-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm with Disneynerd. Do you need a long-lost nephew,cousin,bil???:cool:

Carollea
01-18-2007, 01:46 PM
That sounds so great! You need to post after after your trip and tell us how it went!

ochibiyo
01-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Way cool!! We just surprised our parents during Christmas and it was also from Park Place Inn to the GCH! They were soooo surprised and my mom started to cry! It was great! To make it cooler, you should get some baskets for the room or something. We did it for our little ones and they went nuts!! Believe me, they will be giving you some major hugs and kisses! Have a great trip!!!!

sierranevada
01-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Awesome!! I love reading about these great Disney surprises!

Mommy2NicknMax
01-18-2007, 03:31 PM
That is so wonderful!!!!!

mousemom
01-18-2007, 08:07 PM
That's so awesome! I wish I could be there to see their faces when they start figuring out what's actually going on! Write it all down for sure!!

10-97
01-18-2007, 09:09 PM
That is a great plan. I especially like the part about pretending to have the limo take you to the Park Place Inn. I'd like to see everybody's expression when you arrive at the Grand Californian.

Pat-n-Eil
01-19-2007, 07:20 AM
That sounds so great! You need to post after after your trip and tell us how it went!

I will likely be bringing my laptop with me.. so I'll be doing trip reports.. usually early in the morning and posting them here :)

Pat-n-Eil
01-19-2007, 07:21 AM
That's so awesome! I wish I could be there to see their faces when they start figuring out what's actually going on! Write it all down for sure!!

hmm... maybe I'll have the video camera rolling.. I can post some of it when I get back home..

sleepyjeff
01-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Very awesome. They will be surprised for sure.

Story Tellers is a must imho:)

rentayenta
01-19-2007, 04:11 PM
That is so cool! I can feel the excitement in your post. I am so happy for you and your family. Here's to a magical trip!!! :D

LibertyCall
01-19-2007, 05:19 PM
What a great surprise!! That would be my dream come true.