PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Local Hotels

nun69
01-18-2007, 08:05 AM
anyone have an opinion on a good neighbor hotel to stay at that would not be too much walking (will have 3 kids in tow ages 13, 6 and 14 months and will be 6 months pregnant) and would be a good quality? right now I have reservations for the DLH at the magic price of $2530.00:eek: for 8 nights but also have reservations at the Best Western Stovall's Inn for about $675.00 for 8 nights. I know it is a HUGE price difference but I am thinking of convience and experience since we will probably not go back for another 4-5 years. But, if threre is another hotel out there than can kinda offer the same experience as the DLH than I would be willing to give it a shot....thanks!

DangerMouse
01-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Here's a map that will help show you which hotels are the closest to the Main Entrance.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

The highest recommended hotels on this board are:

HoJo
Candy Cane (has it's own dedicated shuttle)
Best Western Park Place Inn

There is also a reviews section on MousePlanet that is very helpful when looking for hotels. :)

nun69
01-18-2007, 08:27 AM
thanks...that is a GREAT website to get your bearings....I think I may just have to keep my DLH reservations because the Stovall's Inn I think will be quite a walk late int he afternoon for my 2 little ones! and I am going to check out the reviews section now!

Bolivar
01-18-2007, 08:30 AM
The walking distance from the DLH to the main gate is about 1/2 a mile. The walking distance from the closest hotels on Harbor is about 1/4 mile. However, the distance from the DLH to the Monorail station is only about 1/10 of a mile so that is pretty close.

You mention experience though. The distance I quoted to the closest hotels on Harbor is the distance to the ones right across the street, the Best Western Park Place, the Park Vue, etc. These are motels and are not even close to the experience of the DLH.

Bolivar
01-18-2007, 08:35 AM
The walk from the Stovall's Inn, cutting through the GCH would be a bit under 3/4 of a mile.

my2princesses
01-18-2007, 09:07 AM
I have to say that the Candy Cane Inn is the best IMO. It is very family friendly and convienent. The beds are so much more comfortable then any other hotel we have ever stayed at. Plus the decor is cozy....like a cottage room. We have never stayed at the DLH, but we have stayed at the GCH and we still prefer the CCI. CCI has their own shuttle so you don't have to do much walking. If you are staying at the DLH make sure the Monarail will be running. If it's not it is a pretty long walk to the Main Entrance. We went to DL when I was 5 months pregnant and believe me you won't feel like walking all the way back to a hotel after a day at DL.
Good Luck:)
Michelle

nun69
01-18-2007, 09:22 AM
can someone post me a link to the hotel reviews on this board...I can't seem to find it anywhere!

DangerMouse
01-18-2007, 09:30 AM
can someone post me a link to the hotel reviews on this board...I can't seem to find it anywhere!

http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort

nun69
01-18-2007, 09:34 AM

darph nader
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
You 'might' try tripadvisor.com also. Just a thought.

nvmom
01-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes, www.tripadvisor.com type in Anaheim hotels... very helpful.

Theresa

Bolivar
01-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I am always somewhat skeptical of tripadvisor. I often find the reviews of places I have been to be wildly off. I no information saying that this is true, but I have always wondered if innkeepers don't just make user accounts and write bad reviews of their rivals and good ones for themselves.

adriennek
01-18-2007, 04:07 PM

For future reference - look at the top of the page where the green and blue MousePlanet logo is - Under the "an" in Planet, it says "User Reviews" - the fourth link from the left - that's where you'll find Hotel & Restaurant reviews. :)

Adrienne

pisces
01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I am always somewhat skeptical of tripadvisor. I often find the reviews of places I have been to be wildly off. I no information saying that this is true, but I have always wondered if innkeepers don't just make user accounts and write bad reviews of their rivals and good ones for themselves.

Exactly, which is why I don't trust the rankings on that site.

Better to go by AAA or Mobil, Consumer Reports ....or some other accredited, more objective ranking system.

jaymesmom617
01-19-2007, 01:55 PM
We just stayed at the Stovall's Inn this Dec. It was ok.. basic hotel but, the pool was nice. I did post a review on tripadvisor.com. The walk was too long for us (me, DH, DS5, DD3, DS2) and we decided that next time we would stay some where closer. The walk was too much late at night or when we went back to the room to nap.:)

nickapoohiluvu
01-19-2007, 02:49 PM
You might want to get one Annual Pass for one member of your group. That should save you 10% off the Rack Rate of the room. Assuming $2850 for 8 nights, that's $285, which pays for the pass and then some (Deluxe AP is $239 if memory serves correctly), plus you'll get ten percent off dining during your stay. And, if AP rates are released for your stay, you could save substantially more. I might also suggest checking out the Paradise Pier Hotel, as its a bit cheaper too. We've thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Plus (and this is a HUGE benefit for you), the quickest way to the PP is through the Grand Californian Hotel and you can sit in the comfy sofa area and put your feet up for a moment. I did that at a visit while 7 months pregnant at Disneyland and that brief rest on a comfy chair was verrrry welcome. :D If you're at some of the off property hotels, you won't get that rest on the way back to the hotel. We walked through the esplanade to Mimi's for lunch one day and that was miserable.

rentayenta
01-19-2007, 04:14 PM
I vote for the DLH. The proximity to the Monorail is fab and the atmosphere cannot be beat. Once I read it would be another 4-5 years before you would get to return, I was convinced that you should stay on property. :D

Signed,
Jenny the enabler!

nun69
01-20-2007, 09:07 AM
thanks...we already got a 10% discount because I am in the military...so that price is with a 10% discount already! maybe I will consider getting 1 AP and then hopefully they will post some rates for when we are going!!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-23-2007, 07:09 PM
If you want a good neighbor hotel, my vote is for HoJos. But if you are not going to be going back for 4-5 years, and can afford it, I say splurge on a Disney property.