PDA

View Full Version : Line for Pirates?

my2princesses
01-17-2007, 01:54 PM
I heard so much about how long the line was for POTCB when it was reopened last year and I was wondering how the line has been lately? A little more managable , I hope? Did they bring back the fastpass? We will be at DL Feb 5-10, there aren't any refurbs for pirates are there? I didn't see it on the DL website, but someone mentioned a refurb somewhere on the boards.
Thanks,
Michelle

mi_mous
01-17-2007, 01:59 PM
The lines have been pretty reasonable. They look worse than they actually are.

When I was there last, they were a little outside the area where you go under the bridge (about 15-20 minutes)... but, nothing like when they refurbished the ride, and there was a huge line.

I've been in that huge line though. They tell you it is an hour wait, when it ended up being like 30 minutes or less.

But, the lines are not as bad as they were.

just beatla33
01-17-2007, 02:00 PM
the line is still horrible during the day where it reaches into NO and cuts off walking routes, but usually when night hits its uaully not that bad and go as far as the bridge. We never ride it during the day cause its not worth waiting that long so we wait till night time. And Fast Pass is gone for pirates

mi_mous
01-17-2007, 02:01 PM
the line is still horrible during the day where it reaches into NO and cuts off walking routes, but usually when night hits its uaully not that bad and go as far as the bridge. We never ride it during the day cause its not worth waiting that long so we wait till night time. And Fast Pass is gone for pirates

Yes, this is true.

We rode it at night, so that may be why we didn't wait as long.

my2princesses
01-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the info:) How is the line in the morning?

Michelle

Bytebear
01-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Mornings are lighter, but in the evening there is usually no line at all. The lines also go fast, and take the right line (unless the left is obiously shorter).

raediance
01-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Mornings are lighter, but in the evening there is usually no line at all. The lines also go fast, and take the right line (unless the left is obiously shorter).
I agree, the lines really do go fast.
We always take the left, I have no idea why. x) Thanks for the tip about the right side.
Like most rides, the appearance of POTCs line is worse than it actually is. We've never spent more than 20 minutes in line for this (except for the time that I had to go to the bathroom really bad. lucky me, huh?)

serendipityaey
01-17-2007, 02:47 PM

I must reiterate take the RIGHT SIDE! I suppose unless the left is considerably shorter. It seems to move slower, and it doubles back a few times to the side of the building, while the right side just goes right in the door. We rode when it reopened, and even tho we got in line at the hub it was only a 30 minute wait. The people in front of us took the left side and they were still standing down below in the courtyard when we were walking in the door, plus they still had a longer line ahead of them.

SteveK
01-17-2007, 02:53 PM
We waited a whole 15 minutes at 5pm on Sunday. Unless you're there on a busy Saturday the lines are very managable.
-Steve

mi_mous
01-17-2007, 03:04 PM
I must reiterate take the RIGHT SIDE! I suppose unless the left is considerably shorter. It seems to move slower, and it doubles back a few times to the side of the building, while the right side just goes right in the door. We rode when it reopened, and even tho we got in line at the hub it was only a 30 minute wait. The people in front of us took the left side and they were still standing down below in the courtyard when we were walking in the door, plus they still had a longer line ahead of them.

Yep, the right side is shorter.

They moved us into the Left side, because the right side was getting backed up. The people we would have been behind entered the building soooooooo much faster than we did. I think it was about a 10 minute difference.

my2princesses
01-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the info everyone:)

Disney Vault
01-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I loved the pictures (I think from Darkbeer) with the pic of the line near the HM but it turned out it was the PotC ride. That was during the busy holidays though.

vfire
01-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Last night, Tuesday, it was so empty there were actually empty boats or boats with only two people going out. It became the Pirates tunnel of love for those couples...

I Heart Disneyland!
01-17-2007, 06:24 PM
When we were there in November, the lines were minimal. And, it moves super fast.

mjjpower
01-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Last Thursday (January 11th) we walked right on in the middle of the afternoon. No line!

Tisha
01-17-2007, 07:52 PM
I was there last Tuesday and Wednesday. Both days the line was inside of the doors (5-10 minutes).

DizneyMommy
01-19-2007, 07:10 PM
I was there Wednesday 1/17 and at 4:45pm we walked straight up and even got a boat all to ourselves... the one behind us and in front of us were empty.

Bytebear
01-19-2007, 09:13 PM
If only they could do the same capacity with Peter Pan.

serendipityaey
01-20-2007, 08:55 PM
If only they could do the same capacity with Peter Pan.

If only... capacity at pirates is really impressive.

Omnitographer
01-21-2007, 10:23 AM
iirc, the ride can move over 3000 guests per hour. I dont think you can fit that many into the queue even if it backs up all the way out to the square.

AdrienneQW
01-21-2007, 02:36 PM
We rode POTC at 10:45am yesterday (Saturday) and waited less than five minutes. I was very surprised.

jennowned
01-21-2007, 02:48 PM
we went the opening day of pirates (after the revamp of course) and the line was literally no joking ... half way down mainstreet !!! we were like UGHHHH but it took just around 45 min ! we were amazed! all that line and just that lil bit of time!