PDA

View Full Version : OK folks a few more questions????

Chip37
05-30-2002, 03:21 PM
Well, I finally went ahead and made a reservation at the PP with an AP rate. Anyhow, we will be driving from our vacation stay in Las Vegas and I was curious once we get to Disneyland however long it may take, could anyone suggest which park we should go to on our first day there? Thanks for everyones great tips. We are really looking forward to coming to DL even if it's a short trip. Chip.

Disney Nick
05-30-2002, 03:27 PM
Even though I like DCA I must take the golden opportunity...

Visit DCA first, because if you visit Disneyland first you will be thoroughly disappointed when it the time comes to move across the esplanade :D

Uncle Dick
05-30-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Chip37
could anyone suggest which park we should go to on our first day there? Thanks for everyones great tips. We are really looking forward to coming to DL even if it's a short trip. Chip.
I would suggest starting the day in Disneyland (since it opens earlier) and then moving into DCA during the midday (when the crowds start to choke DL). Then, after DCA closes, move back into Disneyland for the evening.

PaleRider
05-30-2002, 04:06 PM
This is just my preference but…

Disneyland!!

We have a 5 ˝ Hr drive to Disneyland and usually arrive in the mid to late afternoon (I imagine this, depending on when you leave, would resemble a trip from LV.). I like to call the hotel prior to leaving that day and confirm a late check-in. Once we arrive at the Resort, I head straight for the parking structure, hop on a tram, enter Disneyland, make quick stop at a restroom and begin to unwind from the drive. I’m not sure why, but the first few hours of my trips to DL seem the most productive. So we usually stay till the park closes and then check in at the hotel. On the 2nd or 3rd day, we usually make or way over to DCA for a few hours then back to… yes you guessed it… Disneyland.

Sometimes I’m worse than my three year old daughter…

“Are we at Disneyland yet? Are we at Disneyland yet? Are we at Disneyland yet?”

That’s why I like to get our DL fix as quickly and often as possible.

heidiwhr
05-30-2002, 04:13 PM
I agree with Uncle Dick...DL, DCA, then back to DL. It won't take you long at DCA, so better to do that when DL is packed.

Also, last year we drove from DL to Vegas and it took 3-4 hours. it's a long, hot drive through the desert so be prepared. Make sure you stop at Barstow for food and drinks because that is the only chance you will get. :)