PDA

View Full Version : Which is closer? [HoJo or Desert Inn]

horsemom
01-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Does anybody know which is closer, hojos or desert inn and suites? I really like the large room showing at Desert inn and suites, but hojos looks more relaxing.

JookyG
01-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Desert Inn is definitely closer. Desert Inn is approx 1/4 mile from the center of the esplanade. HoJo's is about 1/2 mile to the center of the esplanade. That's measuring from the lobby area, down Harbor Blvd, across the street, and into the esplanade. But either way, an easy walk, especially if you like to take a break in your room mid-day.

Thanks to Google Earth for that quick info!

Malcon10t
01-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Desert Inn is definitely closer. Desert Inn is approx 1/4 mile from the center of the esplanade. HoJo's is about 1/2 mile to the center of the esplanade. That's measuring from the lobby area, down Harbor Blvd, across the street, and into the esplanade. But either way, an easy walk, especially if you like to take a break in your room mid-day.

Thanks to Google Earth for that quick info!<g> To me, the difference is when walking it, Desert Inn is "across the street", whereas Hojos, is across the street, down past McDs, down past Mimis.... It feels a LOT longer at midnight on your way back...

horsemom
01-17-2007, 01:22 PM
thank you that was my concern at midnight also, with two young children and one grumpy husband. I also wanted the midday break not to be a big issue either. It looks like this is the closest.

my2princesses
01-17-2007, 01:37 PM
I would definitly go with Desert Inn over HoJo's. It is much closer and we really liked it when we stayed there. Although since we stayed at Candy Cane Inn we won't stay anywhere else:)

JookyG
01-17-2007, 02:33 PM
<g> To me, the difference is when walking it, Desert Inn is "across the street", whereas Hojos, is across the street, down past McDs, down past Mimis.... It feels a LOT longer at midnight on your way back...

You've got a good point there. I was a little surprised that it wasn't more than a 1/4 mile difference in the two. I usually stay at the Tropicana or Carousel (Carousel is my new fave), so HoJo's always seems so far away. That being said, I know many folks who swear by it for the quality and value of the rooms. There's always trade-offs, eh?

DangerMouse
01-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Does anybody know which is closer, hojos or desert inn and suites? I really like the large room showing at Desert inn and suites, but hojos looks more relaxing.

Here's Brett's ever-helpful map when trying to place hotels in relation to the DLR entrance plaza.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html