PDA

View Full Version : Pay kids prices... but with Disney Dollars?

LLevy
01-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Ok- I'm not seeing this as an option anywhere.. we got disney dollars for christmas, and want to use them to buy our tickets for Feb. I know we can get a 3 day park hopper for kids price on line at the disney site, but we cannot use the disney dollars ;-)

Do they sell them still at the disney stores? do the stores still take the dollars? any other suggestions?

thanks

LL

yenko427
01-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Last time I was at the Disney store in Oregon they were doing it. That was a couple months ago..............

Katran
01-18-2007, 06:03 AM
My understanding is that since the Disney Dollars are the same as cash, you can buy Parkhopper tickets at any Disney Store with them. You could always try calling your local Disney Store and ask them.

virgojmk
01-19-2007, 10:04 AM
When we called the Disney store, they had tickets, but not at the "play to the kids price". That was 2 weeks ago, it might have changed since.

Katran
01-19-2007, 06:15 PM
The "Adults Play at Kids' Price" started on January 3rd. I know when I called the Disney Store back in December, they told me that they couldn't start selling those until the 3rd, so they should be available now.

kiwifuz
01-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Umm, just a question, does the Disney Store still take Disney dollars? Since they're not owned by Disney anymore I would make sure they take Disney $s.

Katran
01-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Well, they sell Disney Dollars, and since they told me when I just bought them in December that they can be used at the Disney Store or Disneyland, I would say the answer is 'Yes'. Although The Children's Place now owns the Disney Store, they are operating under a long-term license agreement with Disney, which give them the right to sell Disney merchandise and exchange Disney Dollars.

I seriously doubt they would sell Disney Dollars anyway if you can't even use them there.

kiwifuz
01-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Okay I was just curious because I thought I had read something somewhere that the accounting system is different for purchasing actual Disney items than the store's items.

Katran
01-21-2007, 11:47 AM
I don't know about their accounting procedures, but they did tell me when I bought my Disney Dollars that they are good at the parks or at any Disney Store. Disney Dollars are the same as cash, they're an even exchange.

kiwifuz
01-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Okay fair enough. I was just implying that they could perhaps sell the Disney Dollars & Park Tickets that actually belong to Disney and have a seperate accounting system when it comes to the money from the sales, but not accept them because said accounting system might only work one way.

TinaMouse
01-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Here at the Mall of America Disney Store, you can purchase store items with Disney Dollars, purchase Disney Dollars themselves, and purchase tickets. You should be good to go...

Katran
01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Okay fair enough. I was just implying that they could perhaps sell the Disney Dollars & Park Tickets that actually belong to Disney and have a seperate accounting system when it comes to the money from the sales, but not accept them because said accounting system might only work one way.

I think I see what you're saying. I know pretty much nothing about accounting systems (I'm lucky if my checkbook balances each month!), but I just know what I was told at my local Disney Store. It might be a good idea to call your local store, just to make sure they all operate the same way. I'd hate to tell you that they accept them, only to find out that not all stores do.