PDA

View Full Version : Where are the best Parade Of Dreams stops?

hickorydickory
01-17-2007, 08:46 AM
I was wondering where the best parade stops are. Where does each parade float stop for the crowd interaction? Does each float stop only once? Where were you sitting and what did you see? Where is the worst seating? What time should we get there to get decent seats? Is the curb the "front row"?

DizneyMommy
01-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Ok, I may be totally wrong, so please correct me if so... When I was in high school (about 10 years ago) I had a lot of friends working in the parades, especially at Xmas. My best friend told me to always sit near the train station in the circle, becuase that was where cast members told their familes and friends to sit so they'd know where to watch for them. Ever since then, I have always sat in the circle (which tends to be the last bit of Main St to fill up anyways) and I have always really enjoyed the interaction my daughter has with the characters. We always get Genie to snow us every Christmas and lots of direct waves and smiles. One of the best places I have found when it is crowded, is to hang out in front of the Fire Station, about 30 minutes before the parade and then when they come along and rope it off you are the front row. If you sit in the street just where the curb ends, you will have a great seat.
One time my mom and daughter and I timed it just right and we got to eat lunch at Carnation and have a perfect view of the entire parade while we ate (that does not work so well when it is crowded).

mi_mous
01-17-2007, 01:43 PM
It depends on what you would like to see. What "stop" you would like to see more.

I personally like the Lion King, Pinnochio, and Alice floats. I have asked a CM where such and such a float is going to stop. The ones who work the parades know where each float stops. They do stop more than once, but you are usually sitting in an area where you will only get one stop.

I remember when we were there on the beginning of the 50th, we had two float stops. We were right in front of the Coke Corner, or a little bit more towards the shops. We got to see the opening float stop, and the Lion King. The markers may have changed, so I would ask a CM, I think that will be your best bet, if you have seen the parade before, and want to catch a certain float.

If you haven't seen it before, I would still recommend the place we sat on Main Street just in front of the Coke corner, or a little bit down in front of the shops. Not much further though.

Pinocchio stops right in front of Tomorrowland's entrance. We like sitting there generally. At least that is how it was when I was trying to catch the certain floats. Alice tends to stop in front of the teacup ride a lot.

I don't really think there is a "bad" spot to sit. However, I find that over by the Matterhorn is the most uncomfortable viewing. We have watched from there, and it wasn't as good as being on Main Street. But, that is personal prefference more than anything.

The curb is the front row, so keep that in mind if interaction is important to you. I have gotten there 30 minutes before, and we have gotten curb seats. It depends on how crowded it is, etc. I would see what it is like throughout the day, and if you know you want to see the parade at a certain time, and the crowds seem thick, find a spot.

I hope that makes sense.

Bytebear
01-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Do not sit on the stairs of the train station. They will kick you off just before the parade starts.

I think any of the benches along the parade route are good, but you need to stake them out ahead of time. If you don't want to wait around, I would suggest going to the platform area just to the right of Small World. They sometimes set up VIP chairs right there, and you can stand (or sit on the wall) just behind them in that gated area. I often see photographers there as well. It is also good because once the parade ends, you can jump right on Small World because there is no line during the parade.