PDA

View Full Version : character meal question [menu versus buffet?]

yenko427
01-16-2007, 08:07 PM
What character meal lets you order off a menu versus doing the buffet? We don't eat enough to warrant the buffet but still like the interaction with the characters. Is it solely breakfast or lunch/dinner?

mommy-san
01-16-2007, 08:14 PM
We do the Paradise Pier brunch and i know you can order off the breakfast menu instead of buffet there. Though the buffet is great and they told us to grab fruit etc. for snacks later- plus got me a to-go cup of coffee! We love that setting, and Lilo and Stitch are great. We're going on the 31st. 14 sleeps- are you excited yet, yenko427? I can hardly stand it!

yenko427
01-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I am sooo ready. Got out the guides again and started reading and getting back into the groove.

DangerMouse
01-17-2007, 06:42 AM
I had a wonderful experience at Storytellers Cafe a week ago. You can order off the menu and the character interaction was just perfect for us. I've been to Goofy's and Minnie & Friends, and Storytellers was by far the best I have experienced.

MollyTrolly
01-17-2007, 06:52 AM
I love storytellersnice atmosphere, you can order the buffet as well as from the menu (which I believe is the same for Goofys kitchen), these are both great breakfasts but very different character interactions. Storytellers is more laid back and friendly for us.

For lunch or dinner they have the princess one at Ariels Grotto in DCA. Its off the menu only and a bit pricy for not so great food (actually the food is ok, but they have a very limited selection of choices). The character interaction is great if you have girls. We took DD (3) in October and it was the best for her (we also did breakfast on another day at Storytellers)

I personally am not a huge fan of the Minnie and Friends breakfast in the park, unless the crowds are really low because its usually so busy that time with the characters is limited and I always feel rushed.

If you do a breakfast I would definitely do one at Storytellers or Goofys kitchen, schedule it before the park opens so you dont waste park times on a character event.

acpalmer
01-17-2007, 08:25 AM
I love storytellersnice atmosphere, you can order the buffet as well as from the menu (which I believe is the same for Goofys kitchen

Goofy's is a buffet only.

yenko427
01-17-2007, 08:50 AM
That is my understanding is that Goofy's is just a buffet only. I see that Storyteller's is either option at breakfast (order off menu or buffet). What about lunch and dinner? I have a son so the princesses are out. Well he may think they are hot though...........Ha. Ha.

acpalmer
01-17-2007, 08:54 AM
That is my understanding is that Goofy's is just a buffet only. I see that Storyteller's is either option at breakfast (order off menu or buffet). What about lunch and dinner? I have a son so the princesses are out. Well he may think they are hot though...........Ha. Ha.

You might be surprised. We took our 5 and 3 year old sons to Ariel's and they LOVED seeing all the princesses. (We knew the 3yo was totally in love, but the 5yo surprised us.):)

I believe that for lunch and dinner your only options are Goofy's or Ariel's as far as charcter meals are concerned.