PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland admissions question - 2fer

iseetrails
01-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi Folks,

I went back 5-pages in the thread to see if this had been asked before and I didn't see anything, so here goes:

I purchased a 2fer ticket 9-days ago and went to Disneyland. The ticket is supposed to be good one more day at DCA. I was not quite mentally there when we entered the park and now I have a problem.

They told us we could apply the $63 towards an annual pass that day if we decided to later. I got a little sick in the park and left before I could get the pass. I also kept my friend's and my tickets together and now don't remember which one I used to get into the park.

We are not able to go back to the park at the same time as each other and need to divide up the tickets, but I don't remember which one is mine and there is no name on the tickets. I remember them checking my idea to see if I was a So Cal resident, but did they tie the ticket to the ID some way? I guess I have a 50 - 50 chance, but I don't want to get to the park and have them say I brought the wrong one and not let me in. Is there a way to check?

Also, I don't really want to go back to DCA. My friend called the park and customer service told him that if he had a ticket to DCA, he could pay the extra $20 and make it a park hopper. I didn't believe it, and when I called, they said I couldn't because this was like a second free day deal and the ticket had "no cash value". I asked if I could apply the $63 to an annual pass and she said "no". When I said that I would accept an annual pass that started on the date of our first visit, she said "yes I could do that". I am beginning to wonder if any of the answers that we got over the phone were correct.

If anyone works in admissions or has experience with this, I would appreciate the advice. If you are just guessing, please begin your post with "I'm guessing that you can...".

Thanks,
Frustrated in Riverside

Darkbeer
01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi Folks,

I went back 5-pages in the thread to see if this had been asked before and I didn't see anything, so here goes:

I purchased a 2fer ticket 9-days ago and went to Disneyland. The ticket is supposed to be good one more day at DCA. I was not quite mentally there when we entered the park and now I have a problem.

They told us we could apply the $63 towards an annual pass that day if we decided to later. I got a little sick in the park and left before I could get the pass. I also kept my friend's and my tickets together and now don't remember which one I used to get into the park.

We are not able to go back to the park at the same time as each other and need to divide up the tickets, but I don't remember which one is mine and there is no name on the tickets. I remember them checking my idea to see if I was a So Cal resident, but did they tie the ticket to the ID some way? I guess I have a 50 - 50 chance, but I don't want to get to the park and have them say I brought the wrong one and not let me in. Is there a way to check?

Also, I don't really want to go back to DCA. My friend called the park and customer service told him that if he had a ticket to DCA, he could pay the extra $20 and make it a park hopper. I didn't believe it, and when I called, they said I couldn't because this was like a second free day deal and the ticket had "no cash value". I asked if I could apply the $63 to an annual pass and she said "no". When I said that I would accept an annual pass that started on the date of our first visit, she said "yes I could do that". I am beginning to wonder if any of the answers that we got over the phone were correct.

If anyone works in admissions or has experience with this, I would appreciate the advice. If you are just guessing, please begin your post with "I'm guessing that you can...".

Thanks,
Frustrated in Riverside

Yes, they should allow you to upgrade to an AP, what I would do is go to Guest Services, located to the left of the Disneyland Turnstiles (near the Picnic area) with your ticket, and explain that you have NOT used your second day, but would like to upgrade to an AP. Either ticket should work, as there is not a record of the exact ticket, unless you placed your name on the ticket. And expect that they will make the expiration date one year from your first visit.

And you should find the Guest Services people very helpful, and shouldn't give you a problem. If they refuse (which is HIGHLY unlikely), I would ask to speak to a manager, and explain that you got sick on the first day.

iseetrails
01-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks Darkbeer!