PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin?

Tisha
01-16-2007, 01:51 PM
What is the usual schedule of Aladdin as far as operating days during each week? I thought it was usually just down on some middle days of the week, like Tuesday or Wednesday, but I have plans to go this Friday and Aladdin is not listed on the calendar. I'm very bummed because I'm going with a friend who's never seen it and Aladdin is her favorite movie. (Not to mention she's using the second day of her 2fer so we'll be at DCA all day.) So is this unusual? Do they normally have it on Fridays, or is this some kind of alternate winter schedule?

DangerMouse
01-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Darkbeer just posted this new schedule the other day. I'm wondering if maybe the DL calendar has a glitch, and it really is showing:

So the new schedule is....

Monday - Tuesday = HSM only

Wednesday - Thursday = Aladdin only

Friday thru Sunday = BPB, Aladdin and HSM.

Edited to add: This new schedule starts Jan 22. Maybe you want to wait a week?

Darkbeer
01-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Sometimes Disney does rent out the Hyperion for private events. With NAMM in town, there is a very good chance of it being rented out to a company to host a event.

Looks like Disney added a special showing of Block Party Bash to substitute for the missing Aladdin on Thursday.

Sorry, but it looks like you just picked the wrong day to visit.....

Tisha
01-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Aww, it's too bad we picked a bad day. My friend picked the day, and I tried to persuade her to pick today or some other day they were showing Aladdin, but she wanted to wait for a camera she ordered to arrive. Oh well, we'll have fun anyway. Thanks for the clarification!

raediance
01-16-2007, 03:48 PM
How about after her camera arrives? The Aladdin show is one of my favorites. x)

Tisha
01-16-2007, 08:32 PM
I love the show too, and I'm sure she would, but next week I start student teaching which would leave us with only Saturdays to go. She seemed to prefer going in the week.

soccerlady16
01-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the bio of the cast in Aladdin? Also the last time I saw the show, 1/7, Aladdin was diffently lip singing! I always thought that they sang live. I was kinda disappointed :(

raediance
01-17-2007, 02:51 PM
x( I've never gotten close enough to see their lips (always sat on the mezz.), but I figured so.
I'd like to know the cast, too. Wikipedia has an article about it, but I don't know if they have the cast there.

danyoung
01-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Monday - Tuesday = HSM only
Wednesday - Thursday = Aladdin only
Friday thru Sunday = BPB, Aladdin and HSM.

Sorry, but what are BPB and HSM?

DangerMouse
01-17-2007, 03:29 PM
BPB = Block Party Bash
HSM = High School Musical

danyoung
01-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks.

Darkbeer
01-17-2007, 05:54 PM
A bunch of "Star Waggons" have been placed behind the Hyperion for Friday's private event, looks like some major stars will be performing in a concert for the NAMM folks.

Tisha
01-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the info. Hopefully that doesn't make it too much more crowded, but it would be cool to see some stars walking around the park.