PDA

View Full Version : New Tours

downingfamily1
05-30-2002, 11:55 AM
I thought I read something about some new tours being added at Disneyland this summer. Has anybody heard any info about when they are starting or what kind of tours they will be?
Thanks
-Julie

downingfamily1
06-04-2002, 11:29 AM
Bump

Disney Nick
06-04-2002, 12:38 PM
Don't bump this. We've talked about it so much before and if you don't have anything new just post to the old thread. Someone post the link to that thread please (I'm lazy :) )

adriennek
06-04-2002, 12:50 PM
Actually, I don't see any other threads about this topic, so I'm not sure what you mean about not bumping this thread back up. Can you go back and find the thread you're talking about? I couldn't find it.

Adrienne K

Dave Z
06-04-2002, 12:51 PM
Try this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5411&highlight=tours) but the link is old.

PS

:mad: Not so harsh. :)

Disney Nick
06-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Thread is right here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6482&highlight=tours).

MickeyD
06-04-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles
Thread is right here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6482&highlight=tours).

So you don't know the difference between park tours and Star Tours? Interesting.

downingfamily1
06-04-2002, 01:15 PM
I'm sorry if bumping this thread was not ok. I was just curious and I knew the other stuff I read was from a long time ago.
-Julie

Mouse
06-04-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by downingfamily1
I'm sorry if bumping this thread was not ok. I was just curious and I knew the other stuff I read was from a long time ago.
-Julie

Of course it is fine, only one moderator has responded to this thread and she found nothing wrong with the bump.

To answer your question, I have not heard about new tours in the park. I doubt very many MPers know either considering they probably don't pay much attention to them (I'm sure quite a few could give a guide a run for their money).

Yeah, so I'm no help ....:rolleyes:

Disney Nick
06-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Aight I humbly admit I'm a moron today... :eek: Wasn't reading it correctly. Any mod can feel free to erase me making an *** of myself cuz I can't read ;)

Barbacide
06-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles
Aight I humbly admit I'm a moron today... :eek: Wasn't reading it correctly. Any mod can feel free to erase me making an *** of myself cuz I can't read ;)

Today???

Disney Nick
06-04-2002, 04:34 PM
Hey now... this is a Disneyland board, no badmouthing/name calling allowed here :crying:

Lani
06-04-2002, 10:36 PM
NMoreles -- I suspect Barbacide is economical on his use of smilies.

Barbacide -- Welcome to MousePad. Seeing as you are a junior member, might I suggest you read and become acquainted with our MousePad Community Policies (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=1#policy)? We do not censure users for acerbic humor, but the moderators do monitor the posts on the boards for inappropriate behavior.

Thanks.

Barbacide
06-05-2002, 05:03 AM
I saw the original posting date of 5-30 and nmorales last post being 6-4 and didn't pay attention to his first post. Make sense?

In other words, I wasn't poking fun at his stupidity, but rather what I perceived as a mistake. My bad.

AVP
06-05-2002, 08:37 AM
OK, to get back on topic, there are said to be THREE new Guided Tours being planned for Disneyland. As soon as we get more specific details, and maybe even a preview of the tours, (hint, hint - you know who), we'll let you know.

AVP

wonderful
06-05-2002, 09:03 PM
I am REALLY not at liberty to say much about new tours except:
1. Expect to see "something new" between July and September
2. Next time you're at the parks, ask about that ol' "Welcome to Disneyland" tour... the one touted to last a whopping FOUR HOURS on the DL web site... it got a face lift, some perks, and a new 90 minute time (which includes two attractions and two FASTPASS). This "old" tour is really new again. Wouldn't it be great if DCA had something like that? You know, for those souls that walk in and ask "why this and why that"?
3. "Holiday Time at Disneyland", like any good thing, has learned from experience and is sure to be even better this winter...
4. And, finally, "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" could always get more exciting.....
NOTE: This is, of course, all speculation and your best bet would be to ask about tours the next time you are in City Hall or the Guest Relations Lobby.... those folks know everything ;)

horatiodude
06-06-2002, 06:56 AM
3. "Holiday Time at Disneyland", like any good thing, has learned from experience and is sure to be even better this winter...

I sure hope so. I took the tour last year primarily for the priority seating for the parade. Turns out that the priority seating was standing in a fenced off grassy area at the end of the parade route across from IASW. After walking around DL all day, the last thing I wanted to do was stand for a parade.
:mad:

MouseWife
06-06-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by downingfamily1
I thought I read something about some new tours being added at Disneyland this summer. Has anybody heard any info about when they are starting or what kind of tours they will be?
Thanks
-Julie

This is a very good question!!!

I would love to do a tour or something else 'special'.

Even if the information has been posted time and again, sometimes it is hard to find. I appreciate a fresh thread as much as an old one. There is always someone really nice who will post a link to the right one. :)

And, along those lines, I am so curious. Anyone take the new Fantasmic! seating?

Yeah, yeah, I will go surf for a thread about it. But just in case!!
Are there two different types? And, which one was better, the first one or the second one? I understand that with one you can see the fireworks? How does that work?

Thanks and if this isn't considered a tour, sorry. :o

downingfamily1
06-06-2002, 01:20 PM
Mouswife,
There is a dessert buffet for Fantasmic on the Disney Gallery balcony that you can get reservations for 30 days in advance. I have done it before and loved it, in fact when I go in June I will be doing it again. There is also a deal where you get boxed desserts, it is by the Rivers of America somewhere. I have never tried that one so I can't give any kind of review about it. I also don't know about the fireworks. Sorry this is not more helpful.
-Julie :)

wonderful
06-08-2002, 05:43 AM
I know that the last thing anyone wants to do is stand aftera long day, but the truth is most DO. The difference is, do you stand in a crowd of people climbing over one another or do you stand in a nice sectioned off, reserved area? I would LOVE to see seats added, but not if it means charging more...
Still, I think you'll notice a nicer flow and a LOT less walking this year. Thanks so much for taking the tour, by the way.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-02-2002, 12:41 PM
Any news on new tours? There doesn't seem to be anything new on the tour page on the DLR web site.