PDA

View Full Version : Our trip report 1/8- 1/10

alexandrasmom
01-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Here is our trip report for Jan 8- 10

I took my 4 year old daughter and my sis-in-law who lives near Paris, France and had never been to Disneyland before, but had been to DL Paris

Monday

Checked in the Disneyland Hotel around 3:00 and got a great room in the main tower (I don’t know the name, but it is the same as where you check in) on the top (11th) floor. It was about $220/ night with AP discount- Yikes!!!

Walked through Downtown Disney to DL. They still had the large Christmas tree up, which I am glad that I got to see. Went to visit Pooh and went on the ride. The park was not very crowded compared to when I had been there last in mid- October. Went on POTC, which was about a 5-7 minute wait. We ate at the Bengal BBQ and got a table with no problem. It was my first time eating there and it was delish! We also saw Jack Sparrow and my DD took a pic with him. That is who she was for Halloween, so she was totally in awe. Waited for Fantasmic, but the show was cancelled due to wind. So we went on the Matterhorn, Buzz Lightyear and Its a Small World, which was still decorated for Christmas. The lights on the outside of the ride were very nice, and I loved how they incorporated some Christmas songs along with the usual song. On the way back, we picked up some beignet from the take out place next to the New Orleans restaurant on Downtown Disney. It was a hit.

Tuesday

Got a snack/breakfast at the coffee shop downstairs in the hotel. The coffee was terrible, but the chocolate croissant was delicious! We took the monorail into the park for early entry. Went on Peter Pan, Alice, and Snow White. We had the last reservation at Minnie and Friends breakfast at 10:50. It was empty and we had Minnie, Tigger, Eeyore, Pinochio, Chip and Dale, Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother, and Captain Hook pretty much all to ourselves. My DD was wearing her homemade Minnie jeans & t-shirt, so Minnie practically ate breakfast with us! My DD was in heaven. Next we went to Toontown, visited Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, & Chip & Dale’s houses. We also went on Roger Rabbit and walked on the ride- no line!
The afternoon was very hot, so we spent some time shopping, and then headed over to California Adventure. We went on several of the Bug’s Life rides and then ate the Sonoma Chicken Salad in the bread bowl on the pier. Yum! We also enjoyed feeding the ducks the bread.
When CA closed at 6, we went back to DL and saw Fantasmic, which was well, fantastic! On the way out, we stopped at the candy shop on Main Street and got fudge covered caramel & marshmallow candy- YUM! This was really the longest line we stood in all day…

Wednesday

Ate breakfast at the Storyteller’s Café Chip and Dale Breakfast- no reservation, and was immediately seated. We saw Dale, (Chip was MIA), Brer Bear, and Brother Bear. The food was great- I ordered the Mickey waffle off the menu to save $ and it was delicious! The price included bacon and OJ, and they put tons of berries on the plate too. My SIL got the banana stuffed French toast and loved it.
It was much cooler today. We went on Thunder Mtn, Matterhorn, Buzz, Jungle Cruise. We spent more time at CA today and saw the parade, Block Party Bash, which was fun. We also checked out the Muppet Movie, saw the Aladdin show, and went on Monsters Inc. Back at DL, we had to do Toontown all over again- my DD loves Mickey and Minnie.
We ate dinner at Naples- I loved the Margarita pizza. We stopped in at Build a Bear, my DD had to get the Mickey, who now wears Joe Boxers and black high tops, by the way.

Overall, my SIL says that Disneyland is much better than DL Paris- much bigger and she also liked California Adventure. She said the DL Hotel in Paris is much fancier, but liked our room here.

nvmom
01-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Nice report. Sounds like a nice quiet time to be at the park.

nvmom

nun69
01-16-2007, 12:58 PM
I have been to DL Paris and was not impressed....if you have been to Disneyland and Disneyworld here in the states, there is no comparison!!!

Rufus T Firefly
01-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for posting your trip report. I'm so happy that you all had such an enjoyable time. Were the travel directions that you asked for helpful?

rentayenta
01-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the report. It sounds like you had a fun trip. I love when my kids get to meet their favorite characters. :)

alexandrasmom
01-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Sorry, we have been out of town all week away from a computer- aakk!!!!

Yes, the directions were extremely helpful- THANKS! I used yours exactly and they were perfect. Barely any traffic, which was awesome! I appreciate your help.

Evelyn