PDA

View Full Version : Character Warehouse? Worth the time?

Pages : [1] 2

PJTinkerbell
01-16-2007, 11:33 AM
What do you think? Worth the time? Limited time, so don't want to bother if it's not worth it. Will be there two weeks from Thursday. Anyone been there recently to know what they have? Thanks!

goffy #1
01-16-2007, 11:48 AM
It is worth at least a hour of your time because you can usually find some really good stuff at almost normal clothes price. So make the time to go, we do everytime we are down there.:fez:

Malcon10t
01-16-2007, 12:08 PM
I always find something I want. You never know what you may find. We enjoy checking it out the day we get there just for kicks. Its 10 mins by car, then an hour there? I'd do it.

animalx
01-16-2007, 12:33 PM
We stayed at the Howard Johnson and it was a $12.00 cab ride one way. I would rent a car at the Plaza Inn down the road for $39.99 a day. I think it's worth it do it that way so you can go to other places like Block at Orange etc. We spent about $200.00 when we went there. It was just before Christmas so everyone got something Disney under the tree. They had lots of great stuff.

nun69
01-16-2007, 12:37 PM
wow...never heard of this, can someone tell me where it is?

Malcon10t
01-16-2007, 12:44 PM
wow...never heard of this, can someone tell me where it is?Go north on Harbor Blvd. Just after you cross over the 91 (about 5-10 minutes) on the right is a shopping center. Its at the "back" side. Its a great first day, before you go to the hotel stop, as there are numerous food places, a Food 4 Less (though I really did not like this one) and a PetSmart (we buy the dog's food when we get there to save packing food down.) Last time, we went to the Character Warehouse, hit PetSmart, and Food4Less, then off to Togo's before heading to the hotel.

nun69
01-16-2007, 01:00 PM
thanks...I am going to print this and add to my "Disneyland Trip" Itenarary!!!

stan4d_steph
01-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Searching on "character warehouse" will give you many previous discussions on this topic.

PrincessE&B
01-16-2007, 02:13 PM
just got back from DL and a quick stop at the wharehouse. It is worth the stop IMO. We picked up some stuff from the 50th and a few shirts as well. We plan to make it our first stop every time we go.

Katlovett
01-16-2007, 03:50 PM
My experience is that items at the Character Warehouse are top quality merchandise and spiffy Disney character logos, and the prices are around what you would expect to pay at Walmart for generic shirts, hats, toys, etc. Also, be aware that there are locations OTHER than the one by Disneyland, some of which are seasonal; check out their website at http://www.ams-liquidation.com/stores.htm and maybe you'll find a store near you!

Katprint

raediance
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
My cousin got me a 50th Ear Hat from there. He wouldn't tell me where it was, and thanks to this thread I got the lucky guess! x) I was so sad that I didn't get a hat before they were gone, so I was really happy when I got this. I think you should probably go souvenier shopping from Character Warehouse, maybe get autograph books from there instead of at Disneyland if you don't have one already. =]

I Heart Disneyland!
01-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I thought it was worth visiting. I did get a few t-shirts for like $6.00 each. That isn't common, but, it was nice timing.

http://www.killerorange.com/KillerRefs/Listings/d/disneycharacteroutlt.htm

nun69
01-16-2007, 08:00 PM
thanks for the tip...I looked and there is one open in Portland Oregon (Jantzen Beach) until 2/18/07...and we will be visitng POrtland (in-laws) on super bowl weekend!!!! might just have to stop by and get the kids a couple of goodies to take on the trip down and give to them when we're down there!!!!:D

Petersgj
01-17-2007, 09:00 AM
We stayed at the Howard Johnson and it was a $12.00 cab ride one way.

The OC bus is substantially cheaper. I took it last time I was there and I think it was only about $3 round trip from Disneyland to the shopping center where the character warehouse is located.

AlbertaMinnie
01-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the 10% off coupon that we used to be able to print off for the Fullerton Store?

kathynova
01-17-2007, 09:14 AM
I try to go the Character Warehouse each time I visit Disneyland. I try to stop there duriing the first day of my visit to gather as many bargains as I can find. That way I am less likely to be lured into the higher prices on merchandise in the park and at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney. I always seem to find several items that I just have to have, and the prices are always good, sometimes even great! I found a great Mickey "Letterman's" style jacket for $50 that was selling in the park at the same time for $155! That just made my day! I was just there last week and they have a nice assortment of clothing and misc. items to pick through. I usually give myself about an hour to browse. If you take a taxi, you can expect about $30 round trip including tip...but it's sooooo worth it. If you are looking to save on the taxi, you can also use the City bus system. I checked it out, but haven't used it yet. I like the convenience of the taxi!

PJTinkerbell
01-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Where at Jantzen Beach? I'll be there next weekend for a dance convention with my daughter. Funny you should mention that. Here we are in the Portland area, so that would be cool to go to that. While the girls are dancing us moms usually go shopping. I'd love to stop by there. Is it at the Jantzen Beach Mall there?

Thanks for all the advice. When we go to Anaheim we'll be going there! We actually did mapquest from the airport and also to and from the Disneyland Hotel so we will be ready. We also printed out the coupon on-line so we'd get 10% off. It'll be fun!

Malcon10t
01-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Where at Jantzen Beach? I'll be there next weekend for a dance convention with my daughter. Funny you should mention that. Here we are in the Portland area, so that would be cool to go to that. While the girls are dancing us moms usually go shopping. I'd love to stop by there. Is it at the Jantzen Beach Mall there? It says 1411 Jantzen Beach Super Center, 97217, Next to Catherines. (No clue where this is, but....) I love the store in Tracy. We went last weekend, and will probably look in to see if anything is new next weekend.

abookworm
01-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Here's a coupon for 10% off
http://www.anaheimoc.org/Articles/Archive/Webpage10153.asp#dining

mamatojade
01-17-2007, 07:37 PM
The OC bus is substantially cheaper. I took it last time I was there and I think it was only about $3 round trip from Disneyland to the shopping center where the character warehouse is located.
Is the OC bus different then the bus that we take to Disney?

lilfaeriebrat
01-18-2007, 06:02 AM
If you're into the Pin trading scene it's a good place to check out. The pins are usually $5 - $8.50. They have a good selection too.

Katran
01-18-2007, 06:05 AM
Wow! I've never heard of this either! I'm so glad someone brought it up! I guess we're going to have to check it out.

Will be there two weeks from Thursday.

Us too!! :D

Petersgj
01-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Is the OC bus different then the bus that we take to Disney?

Yes, this is different than the shuttle bus for the hotels. On the other side of Harbor Blvd. from the Disneyland entrance is the bus stop. The schedule for the bus is posted, but I think there was a bus about every half hour. You can take the same bus the whole way. I think it was #43, but I'm not sure. Head North to the shopping center. There is also a costco, target, pizza hut and other restaurants. We went there in the middle of the day instead of staying in the park for lunch.

yohomama212
01-18-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.octa.net/trip%20planner%20page%204.asp

This might help for those wanting to take public transportation.
Enter "Disneyland" in the first line (city: Anaheim)
Enter "243 Orangefaire Ave" in the second line (city: Fullerton)
Click "Next"
Pick your date and time
Click "Next"
It shows about a 24 minute trip.

http://www.octa.net/pass%20fares.asp
Here's the fares and passes.

Liz :cool:

mamatojade
01-18-2007, 01:17 PM
You all are great. Thank-you.