PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean Ride Anniversary

pirategal forever
01-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Since this year is the 40th anniversary of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland :D has anyone heard about a special event? I heard a vague rumor last time I was at the park (in early December), but nothing definite and I can't find anything on ANY website! With Pirates III opening the end of May (YEAH!!), I hope the park does something for the ride's 40th! Let me know if you've heard anything!

just beatla33
01-16-2007, 09:47 AM
there was going to be another referb, but chances are the major one will not happen. But theres just going ot be new merch.

cstephens
01-16-2007, 12:38 PM
There's supposed to be an event on the anniversary date in March, and Olszewski is doing a piece for it, so I too am wondering why there's been no mention of the event from Disney.

olegc
01-16-2007, 02:04 PM
something must be up - a new sculpture is being offered on 3/18 - the actual event date they had said in a previous "tip"

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/wdccpiratessculptures.html

cstephens
01-16-2007, 02:19 PM
But that's the Classics Collection, and that's the fifth piece in the series. I noticed that the third and fourth pieces are offered as event pieces at the WDW Pirates event but with special stamps.

raediance
01-16-2007, 03:47 PM
wow, 40 years...long time. I can't imagine a major referb will be done either, since it seems like they just did. I was hoping to see some Orlando Bloom/Kiera Knightley(spelling?) since Johnny was there, but I don't really see how they can fit into the current ride. That would be cool, but maybe too movie-ish?
A special event would be way rad. x) Can't wait for updates!

olegc
01-16-2007, 06:43 PM
But that's the Classics Collection, and that's the fifth piece in the series. I noticed that the third and fourth pieces are offered as event pieces at the WDW Pirates event but with special stamps.

yes, I know - but the date is THE 40th anniversary date they were going to have the event. AND - the other pieces are only available at the WDW event. So - it was my assumption the release was going to coincide with an event...

I Heart Disneyland!
01-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Holy cow! I've been riding POTC for 40 YEARS? How is that humanly possible??

Look forward to new merchandise!!

cstephens
01-17-2007, 12:20 PM
yes, I know - but the date is THE 40th anniversary date they were going to have the event. AND - the other pieces are only available at the WDW event. So - it was my assumption the release was going to coincide with an event...

Actually, the other pieces will be available from WDCC retailers as well - only the special stamped versions are available at the WDW event.

In any case, I guess we'll see if there's an event or not.