PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report (January 13-15, 2007)

bassett1976
01-15-2007, 11:47 AM
My wife and I decided to head down to DLR for a weekend stay. We got a good rate at the HoJo ($71.50) for Saturday and Sunday nights. The weather was really bad by CA standards so we went hoping that the parks wouldn't be too crowded and it wouldn't be too cold.

Saturday
We arrived about 11 am and headed into DL. We walked over to the monorail station to head into the park. We waited only a few minutes. The weather was okay but the wind was Extreamly COLD. It was enough to cut through you. We both had sweatshirts and jackets on and we were still rather cold. We stayed in the park to have lunch and got onto only one ride before heading over to the HoJo to check into our room. We got a room in Building #1, room 1418. The room was nice but this is the closest we've ever been to the 5 freeway. The noise was hard to overcome but during the night we cranked up the fan and it was alright. After a good nap and a bit of a break we headed over to DCA for dinner. We ate at the Tratoria again, what a wonderful place. We were lucky enough to get an inside table.

After dinner we went back into DL and headed to Fantasyland. We noticed that a lot of the ride lines were fairly small. The cold was possibly keeping people away. We walked around and got on a number of rides. We noticed that one hour before the fireworks that not many people were in the hub. We did figure that due to the wind that people might not be waiting for the fireworks. We never did figure out if they went off during our trip. We also noticed that Fantasmic had second row seats within 25 minutes of the first showing. It was a bit cold for us and we decided to head back to the HoJo.

Sunday
We got up early and headed into the park at opening. They had a rope drop that was nice to see. We went straight over to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan. We then went through all of the Fantasyland rides that we could go on and ended up in Toon Town during their opening. We went on Rodger Rabbit and got a great picture with Pluto and Mickey. We headed over to get breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace. We also walked past the hub for the MousePlanet meet and noticed Darkbeer, one of these days we should actually stop and say hello. Afterwards we headed to DCA and took a ride on Monster's Inc. and Soaring (got the top row) before getting a snack and heading back to the hotel for an afternoon break. The crowds were light but lots of people were coming in later in the morning.

We wanted to head back to the park but with a 3 hour nap under our belt and tired feet we decided to have dinner at Mimi's and never made it into the park again.

Monday
We called down and got a late check out so we headed into the park. We went straight for Peter Pan again and then got on Toad, Casey, Alice before getting a FP for Buzz. We also made it on Pirates, Jungle and Splash Mtn. before we got lunch at Pizza Port. The crowds were fairly light for the day. We noticed a lot of people in line for tickets when we left at about noon.

Some pictures from the weekend:
http://bassett1976.smugmug.com/gallery/2355601

I Heart Disneyland!
01-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Great report! What is Tratoria? I've not been there, I may have to add it to our next trip!

Loved the photos too, thanks for sharing them. :)

bassett1976
01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
What is Tratoria?

The full name is Wine Country Trattoria at the Golden Vine Winery. It's downstairs from the Vineyard Room in DCA, close to the wharf. They have some great Italian dishes. I love the Lasagna Rustico. My wife had a salad this time but she really enjoys the Minestrone soup.

DangerMouse
01-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Thank you for posting. I always enjoy your photos. Very well done.

yohomama212
01-15-2007, 06:40 PM
We also walked past the hub for the MousePlanet meet and noticed Darkbeer, one of these days we should actually stop and say hello.

Wait... you all meet at the park regularly? Okay, I'm still new to this, what's going on? Can I join in the fun?

Liz :cool:
(hoping to not come across as too pathetic and entirely not meaning to hijack this thread!)