PDA

View Full Version : Princess Fantasy Faire hair

hickorydickory
01-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Just wondering if anyone has pics of the princess fantasy faire hair & makeup that they do. I am a makeup artist & hairstylist & want to bring the right stuff so I can do it for my DD before we get to the park. Whenever we go to a childrens event where they have face painting I do hers so that she doesn't share brushes and sponges. Do they do face painting or makeup?

Any pictures would be great so that I can bring the right stuff.

babytmakes5
01-15-2007, 08:52 AM
My daughter had her hair and face done at the Princess Faire in November. The face part was basically the sort of face-painting you see at other children's events--lots of fancy hearts, unicorns, butterflies with lots of glitter. Their book of examples had some whole-face options, but my daughter, as well of most of the children we saw at the park just had the design on one cheek. The hair was really cute--I really wish I had a photo (I'm not tech-y enough to know how to post it here). It was a very fancy up 'do with lots of flowers and ribbons intertwined, and of course, sprayed with TONS of glittery hairspray. I hope others post photos, it's fun to see how fancy the girls look. :)

my2princesses
01-15-2007, 12:49 PM
I haven't heard of this yet. Is this something they do everyday? What exactly do they do and how much does it cost? It sounds like something my DD would love:)

mi_mous
01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
We had our daughters hair done a couple weeks ago.

She was asked which princess she wanted to haver her hair like, and she told him Cinderella. (I would have liked her to have picked someone else, since the outcome of her hairstyle was something I could have done, and have done myself.) There was another little girl who was getting her hair braided, and it was SOOOO adorable! Other girls had theirs in sort of barrel rolls, and they put flowers and sparkles on their hair. They had really cute hairstyles too! The make-up on some looked a little overdone, but on others, it looked really cute.

My DD didn't get make-up, but my son got a dragon on his cheek.

Here are some pictures. (http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=168ji6b3.agljum4z&Uy=-i0ukh2&Ux=1)

I actually ended up taking her hair out, and redoing it. It was falling out by the end of the day, and didn't look as good as when she first had it done. (My daughter has really fine hair.)

I paid $26 for the hairstyle, the flowers and the sparkles to be in her hair. Still don't know if it was completely "worth it". If you look at how happy my daughter was, perhaps it was.

So, I think it really depends on who you get as a stylist, and which princess they say they want.

Hope that helps.

oregontraveler
01-16-2007, 04:43 AM
I haven't heard of this yet. Is this something they do everyday? What exactly do they do and how much does it cost? It sounds like something my DD would love:)

I believe this is what took place of the Fantasyland Theater, over by IASW.
So it is everyday. Although is is retail oriented now, you probably have a
better chance of spending time with the Princesses. The boys get to brush
up on their 'prince-ly' etiquette.

hickorydickory
01-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the pics. You DD looked adorable.
How long did that take them?
I will pick up a fresh can of sparkles & some flowers. Other than that I am good to go. DD is only allowed to wear sparkles, lip balm,and light pink colors on her face unless she is wearing face paint. I will bring my portable face paint kit, and some brushes and sponges. I think it would be best to do it in the morning at the hotel though. At other events I would paint her face and do her hair while waiting for a parade or show, it was a good way to kill time.

my2princesses
01-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Cute Pictures:) What a cutie:)

mi_mous
01-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the pics. You DD looked adorable.
How long did that take them?

For that particular hair style, it wasn't too long. I would say about 30 minutes??? I wasn't timing it, so I have no idea really. It could have been about 20 minutes. I think it also depends on the hairstyle. The girl that was next to us, getting her hair in the cute braids was there a lot longer than we were.

mi_mous
01-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Cute Pictures:) What a cutie:)

Thank you!