PDA

View Full Version : August or November?

ochibiyo
01-14-2007, 09:21 PM
HI There! My family wants to take a vacation to Disneyland, but we are fighting as to when. Some of us want to take it before school starts, so it would be in early August. The others want to take it in November during Thanksgiving. We last went during Christmas and they want to experience the holiday stuff again. So want to do you think, should we go during August or November? We don't mind the crowds and stuff, but is there anything major going on during those months to sway the decision. Any suggestions would be very helpful!! Thanks!!

Bytebear
01-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Matterhorn will be up in August. Weather might be nicer if you go to the beach.

Rkkm
01-15-2007, 09:01 AM
August weather .. and its attendant smog ... make for some really uncomfortable days. Weather is better in November, plus you get to see the holiday decorations. If you don't mind crowds, I'd vote for November.

Wendi
01-15-2007, 09:51 AM
HI There! My family wants to take a vacation to Disneyland, but we are fighting as to when. Some of us want to take it before school starts, so it would be in early August. The others want to take it in November during Thanksgiving. We last went during Christmas and they want to experience the holiday stuff again. So want to do you think, should we go during August or November? We don't mind the crowds and stuff, but is there anything major going on during those months to sway the decision. Any suggestions would be very helpful!! Thanks!!

November. Definitely! I can't stand the weather in August, November is much nicer. Lower crowds and holiday pleasantries totally win me over too. I absolutely love the snow on main street after fireworks.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-15-2007, 11:54 AM
We were there in November and it was SOOOOOOOOOO great. We loved the holiday decor, and visiting Santa, and being there for the holiday fireworks and "snow". My vote is for November!!! It's magical.

shawnarae
01-15-2007, 02:30 PM
I say Nov, before Thanksgiving ;)

Malcon10t
01-15-2007, 02:46 PM
November. Definitely! I can't stand the weather in August, November is much nicer. Lower crowds and holiday pleasantries totally win me over too. I absolutely love the snow on main street after fireworks.
If they are looking at Thanksgiving week, crowds will probably be worse than Aug. BUT, the heat in Aug kills me. So, I'd still vote for Nov.

gibson510
01-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Either one is great if you love Disneyland. The weather is usually beautiful in the fall seasons.

BraMax
01-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Our first trip was the during the last week of November right after Thanksgiving and it was so wonderful to see all the decorations and the Christmas Fantasy Parade. We had wonderful weather not too hot and not too cold. But then again I'm from Alberta and anywhere's gotta be warmer than here lol.:D