PDA

View Full Version : Billy Hill

LibertyCall
01-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Tell me about this, please. I've never seen him. Is this just a band? How long long have they been around? I've seen him mentioned here a lot but I'm not quite sure what the show is or if it's something you need to hold a seat for or if young kids would enjoy it.

az_snow
01-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are a band and they do a whole musical/comedy show. I'm not sure how long they have been around... I remember seeing the advertisements for them before when we were there, but never went. We went to see them for the first time last time we were there in Dec. '04. They were very funny and the whole family enjoyed the show. You have to get there early and get a seat quickly because it fills up fast. If you want a snack or lunch while you wait for the show have one person get in line for food at the Golden Horseshoe, and someone else save your table. It was a nice place to have a little lunch, sit and relax, and be entertained.

Malcon10t
01-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Tell me about this, please. I've never seen him. Is this just a band? How long long have they been around? I've seen him mentioned here a lot but I'm not quite sure what the show is or if it's something you need to hold a seat for or if young kids would enjoy it.Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are a musical comedy act. My kids (teens now) have always loved them. They have been around since the late 80s when they were in Critter Country. They generally do 4 (maybe 5) shows a day, if the park is busy, you need to get there as the prior show is letting out. Every show is different. We have seen a couple shows in the same day and they were different even with the same players. I've seen people there with 5-8 yos and they have enjoyed it.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Well worth seeing. We love Billy Hill & The Hillbillies. It's corny humor, but, it's really fun if you just go with it!!!

MickeyDogMom
01-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are a musical comedy act. My kids (teens now)

I AM NOT A TEEN, MOTHER!!! :mad:

and here's a pic... :D

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6%3DzqH%3AxxqUD7qRUrKxzX7BHpUUKx gXPJ0%3F87KR6xqpxQQPaxn0oxolPxv8uOc5xQQQ0PeGoGallJ qpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPJ0%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

el gee
01-14-2007, 11:16 PM
My DD and I went to the show for the first time last week, and they had us laughing our heads off!! All the times I've been to Disneyland, and I never took the time to see this show. What a mistake. It was nice to sit in such a lovely building, and enjoy a great show. All the kids there seemed to like it too.:D

Stupid_American
01-15-2007, 05:42 AM
If you attend the first show, there is a line and you will need to queue and hold a table.
The later shows are less hectic.

aricbell
01-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Here's a hint, as you go into the Golden Horseshoe, go right for the 'stage box' seats. There are two on both sides of the stage and available on a first-come-first get basis. Once when I was there about two years ago, Billy Hill actually interacted with us during the show in those seats.

TiggerRPh
01-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are a great show....absolutely love them.

nvmom
01-15-2007, 07:26 AM
My whole family loves "Hill and the Bill-billies" lol- as my 4 yr old ds calls them! :) We're so excited for my FIL to see them this trip. He is a musician himself and is going to love this show!

If you just want a snack the choc cake there is really good and piece is huge-it'll feed several in my opinion.

nvmom

PanFan
01-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Not only are they funny, they are excellent musicians. I am always amazed when they start fingering the next guys instrument while plucking their own. Wow!

Gone2Disneyland
01-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Count me in as another fan (who just realized he never checked to see if they'd changed up their routine with their usual holiday medleys this past Dec :( ). Every time I bring in friends to see their show for the first time, they come out fans. Their shows remind me of TV variety shows of the 50's and 60's, talented performers who know how to interact and produce spontaneous laughs with a live audience.

Stupid_American
01-15-2007, 11:39 AM
One incarnation:

http://cheapeatsbangkok.com/photos/disney/countryboy.jpg

I Heart Disneyland!
01-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Great photo! I took a hilarious one of them imitating the Beatles. Normally, I am not a fan of people pretending to be the Beatles, but, something about Bill Hill & the Hillbillies doing it...was just fine! ha!

Malcon10t
01-15-2007, 05:10 PM
I AM NOT A TEEN, MOTHER!!! :mad:

and here's a pic... :D

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6%3DzqH%3AxxqUD7qRUrKxzX7BHpUUKx gXPJ0%3F87KR6xqpxQQPaxn0oxolPxv8uOc5xQQQ0PeGoGallJ qpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPJ0%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442Soooo, my young adult children like Billy Hill too!

gibson510
01-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Such a great show!!! So funney.

Another Dimension
01-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Billy Hill & the Hillbillies - Always great fun!

SarahJanet
01-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Is this something that four adults (mid-late twenties) are likely to enjoy? We've never gone, but my best friend's husband is a big cowboy type so he might be more inclined.

Malcon10t
01-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Is this something that four adults (mid-late twenties) are likely to enjoy? We've never gone, but my best friend's husband is a big cowboy type so he might be more inclined.If they enjoy a little humor, they will love it. It is amazing because these guys are true musicians (playing in Philharmonics and symphonies) and yet they are also great comedians. Regardless of the type of music you like, this is fun. My 16 to 21 year old young adult children enjoy it, as does their father who is more into classical music. I love the Orange Blossom Special. They do such a great job. But I also love Kirk's classical paying prior to "becoming" a hillbilly. Its amazing how well they play. And Puddle Prance is not to be missed!!!!!

lilfaeriebrat
01-18-2007, 06:30 AM
My grandma loves these guys, we never miss them when we go to the park. I am 30 and really enjoy them, so a mid-late twenty year old should like the show. I see a wide array of ages in the shows and everyone is laughing and clapping.

disneyhound
01-18-2007, 07:10 AM
The Billys are great; they are all age appropriate! We try to see them once a day when we are in the park! Excellent musicians!

TiggerRPh
01-18-2007, 07:49 AM
Is this something that four adults (mid-late twenties) are likely to enjoy? We've never gone, but my best friend's husband is a big cowboy type so he might be more inclined.

Oh...you bet!

:D

MadasaHatter
01-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Love the Billys,

The musicianship is amazing and I have seen a lot of the new guys they are filing in and they too have amazing musical talent. We were lucky enough to see the XMAS show when the lead Billy lost his favorite prop....it was a great show biz moment where he really panicked and for all of us who have senn the show before it was HILARIOUS...they got him a replacement prop but it just wasn't working for him and the energy it created was a stitch. Disneyland is lucky to have them so EVERYONE go and see them as much as you can.....

Cheers