PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou really struggled this time

Maximus
05-30-2002, 08:44 AM
Hello everyone! Let me first say how help this site was before my last trip to DL a few days ago. Now to the real issue...

We went to the Blue Bayou on a Saturday night (5/25) expecting a great meal as always. Unfortunuately we were sadly disappointed in our visit. We were seated for 25 minutes before anyone even approached us with some water and rolls. Finally I had to approach the Matre De (sp?) and request some service. He seemed a little put out that I would be asking him for help. He finally did come over and take our orders. The food came out relatively quickly and once again we faced more problems. My dinner was cold and my wife recieved the wrong order. It took them another 20 minutes to redo her order and by that time my food had become completely unappetizing. We had to fight to get someone to take our bill and then finally we just left without waiting for change since no one wanted to really help us.

I don't know what the problem was, maybe I smelled or something. All I know is that I felt very cheated out of a normally wonderful meal. My wife was also very upset since this was her first and last time there. She said we could get better service at Denny's. Anyway, would you guys recommend me doing anything to remedy this situation? Please let me know.

Ghoulish Delight
05-30-2002, 09:05 AM
Well, if were in your situation, I would have asked to speak to a supervisor right then and there. Baring that, your best bet is to write to Disney (someone on the boards should be able to supply the right address). Give them a "here is what happened, what are you going to do to remedy it" and see what happens. You didn't happen to catch any names of the people who served you (or didn't serve you)?

Flynn
05-30-2002, 09:06 AM
While I've noticed a decline in the food at the Blue Bayou lately, I've always noted the service as excellent. However, in your situation, I would, if possible, gather names and submit them via a complaint form at City Hall. While we should always remember to submit praise, you should not hesitate to let the management know of your concerns as well.

Maximus
05-30-2002, 09:10 AM
I did get most of the names of the folks helping us out, as well as all of the info about what we ordered, the time frames, etc.... I tried to email the general Disneyland people for some help as soon as I was home, but of course I have yet to hear back from anyone. Would anyone know of a better way to contact the appropriate people. I am still very frustrated with the situation.

Matterhorn Fan
05-30-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Would anyone know of a better way to contact the appropriate people. I am still very frustrated with the situation. Yes. Read the responses to this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=6285).

innerSpaceman
05-30-2002, 09:28 AM
So sorry to hear about your bad experience, but I believe it was an anomaly. Just the prior Saturday, the 18th, a very busy day both at the Park and the restaurant, we received excellent service at the Blue Bayou for a party of 20(!) and the food received high praise from all.

I think you just hit a really bad time, but there's no excuse for what you experienced and I would suggest you register your complaints in writing to Guest Relations.

Maximus
05-30-2002, 09:55 AM
Thanks everyone, I will write them today and I will post when/if I get a response about this whole event.

kranders
05-30-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
So sorry to hear about your bad experience, but I believe it was an anomaly.
I agree with innerSpaceman, I've been in there twice in the last two months and both times the service really made the whole experience great. I hope you get an adequate response from the Disney people and I hope you will give it another chance, too.

lotsafuzz
05-30-2002, 11:14 AM
I'm so disappointed to hear about this. Blue Bayou is high on our 'to do' list next week. :(

Kimi_Coconuts
05-30-2002, 02:30 PM
I've only been to the Blue Bayou twice now, but both times I found the service slightly below average. Long wait for drinks, nearly impossible to get refills. I found the waiters to be too busy to really listen to us. I love the ambience however. Another plus, two of my kids split a meal but they brought them both a dessert. Very nice of them.

The mints after dinner ROCK.

Maximus
05-30-2002, 03:40 PM
We didn't even get any mints, that's it now I'm ticked! I know it is a great place to eat and I always love it. Of course I will continue to eat there, next time though I will be on guard to expect anything...

dsnymom
05-30-2002, 05:55 PM
Maximus, The first time I took my husband to eat at the Blue bayou we had the exact same problems as you. Now I can never get him to try it again. Plus he tells everyone what a horrible place it is to eat at.

DLfreak
05-30-2002, 10:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. :(
I went there for the first time in a few years just about two months ago. I thouroghly enjoyed myself. I thought the service was very good and the food was excellent.
I would say write to Disney, and if they don't respond in a timely manner, send another letter/e-mail, saying that you have already sent a message about it and have not heard back from anybody yet. I would think Disney would do something for you to make up for it.
And I agree that you should give it a second chance the next time you are able to go. :)

mad4mky
05-31-2002, 09:03 AM
I was there in December with my whole family. Terrible service...and cold food. When, just a few months before we had the best service I had ever had there.

But, because of the December experience, we decided to skip going when we were there in April.

But...all in all...most every time I have gone to the Blue Bayou...I have had good service. I'd still go back. The atmopshere is great...:)

WickedQueen
06-02-2002, 12:50 PM
I had a similiar experience when I went last November. The service was horrible; it took forever for them to bring out our food, no drink refills, and I waited nearly an hour for the check. Luckily I felt the food (almost) made up for it. I was really hoping it was an anomaly.

80S ERA
06-03-2002, 07:45 AM
I have also noticed a decline in service during my last visits. Could this be due to staffing cutbacks? It sure seems like the CMs don't have as much time to give you personal attention like they once did.

The least a server could do when they are busy is tell you, "I'll be right with you," rather than just leaving you ignored for half an hour without taking your order or bringing drinks. When that happens to me, I feel like asking them, "Oh, is this a self-serve restaurant or table service?"

RStar
06-03-2002, 03:37 PM
I've only eaten there twice myself, and haven't been there in the last couple of years. The sevice was good then. But lately it sounds like the service is really good at times, and really bad at others. I wonder if the bad times are due to a few CMs working those shifts that are bad? Everyone that has had a bad experience and has names should list them and everyone could compare lists.

Be sure to say something ASAP at the park if possible, this way it can be taken care of right away. You should also go to City Hall before you leave to get attention if nothing else works. But because you are out of state, write a letter. E-mail doesn't seem to work much.

Good luck.