PDA

View Full Version : Booking Now vs. Booking Later

OneDisneyCrazyGirl
01-13-2007, 12:06 PM
We have finally decided on a Christmas Trip to Disneyland. We will be staying Dec. 21-27. I am a teacher so we have to go when school is out. After reading all the posts about summer I am scared to go at that time. Now on to the point of my post. We will be booking through the Disneyland site and booking a vacation package. My question is, is it cheaper to book at the end of January or cheaper to wait and book say in August? My husband makes fun of me to no end because I obsess over our Disney vacations. But, our last Christmast trip I waited until September to book and we had to go the 21-24 because DLH was full. We want to stay at DLH again. Please help this poor obsessed Disneyland fan. Thanks so much.:D

MammaSilva
01-13-2007, 12:25 PM
If you know when you're going book as soon as you're solid on your dates, if you're booking thru the travel company the rates aren't going to change but the rooms sell out and then they're gone. I plan to book our December trip in the next couple weeks for that very reason. We went before the winter break should have been a problem and the DLH was still sold out the weekend we were there and we had issues getting the room configuration we had reserved and in fact paid for. Have a great vacation.

TinaMouse
01-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Book it now, I would suggest. You could always cancel it later if you find something else better, but remember that there might be a deposit that you may or may not get back. Check on that before you decide what to do.