PDA

View Full Version : Mary Poppins Sing-a-Long

ferliemom
01-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi All,

If you can make the Mary Poppins sing-a-long at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood, I would *highly* recommend it!

The theater is beautiful and the show is great. What a treat to see it on the big screen AND be able to sing along with all the songs (words provided on screen ;) ).

I had not been to the theater and it is great. There is a really cute little soda fountain shop next door that also has basic food and cute Disney merchandise.

Check it out!

Vault Disney
01-13-2007, 09:51 AM
OH man. We'll be arriving after it concludes. I can imagine that it would be great fun. :)

PhiSigDuchessCV
01-13-2007, 10:49 AM
I've got tickets for 1/20 for the 1 o'clock show. I can't wait.

sixwoofys
01-14-2007, 01:59 AM
How do you get tickets and find out about the schedule etc? All my kids (5) are huge Poppins fans as are we!

ferliemom
01-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi,

Google the El Capitan Theater and you will find their website which has the schedule there. You can buy tickets in advance and have them hold them at Will Call.

My friend and I did the VIP ticket. It is $20, you get to pick your seat, and you get popcorn and a drink. Plus you don't have to wait in line. The theater was not crowded at all, so we didn't need to worry about finding a seat, but we still felt like it was the way to go. Regular tickets are, of course, cheaper.

I'd also highly recommend visiting the soda fountain for a bite to eat. It is right next door. They have cute souvenirs, too.

There is a parking lot at the end of the block, across the street from the theater. $12 to park all night.

You are right in downtown, just across from the Kodak and Chinese theaters, and right on the Walk of Fame.

Your kids will love it!
The next movie is Peter Pan.
Kim