PDA

View Full Version : Princess Fantasy Faire

mommy-san
01-13-2007, 07:28 AM
While i know that the Disneyland website is not always complete or accurate, I was a bit stumped when i saw that the Princess Fantasy Faire is only scheduled for 1 time easc day during the last week of January, start of February. Is this normal, or wil we get there and there will be more times?

I am really stumped, because the Jedi training thing runs like 6 shows a day!

nvmom
01-13-2007, 07:35 AM
I noticed that too when I was looking on the Feb calendar/schedule. I assumed the Princess Faire was something that opened when the park opened and you could go anytime.

nvmom

DangerMouse
01-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Yeah, this is the most ridiculous thing. They list it's opening time, but then they don't list when the individual shows are. There are three or four different things going on there: greets with princesses, royal coronations, storytelling, and crafts. There is no way for you to know when these things are happening unless you ask a CM there, and then they are very secretive about it.

The Faire is open all day. I think it normally closes around 6 pm. I personally chose to skip it because it was overcrowded and unorganized. :mad:

rentayenta
01-13-2007, 07:40 AM
I am reading such mixed messages about it. It sounds expensive.

nvmom
01-13-2007, 07:41 AM
Do you have to pay for each individual thing? Pay for the craft, etc? Is there only storytelling here now or do they still do it at the toy shop?

nvmom

Darkbeer
01-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Actually, most everything is free.

They do have the face painting and the hair braiding for a fee, and of course the PhotoPass folks will give you a card to buy the photos with the princesses. And there is a small gift stand, and of course food and drink for sale.

But the basic crafts, the shows and readings in the stage area, and the Princess meet and greets (which you can use your own camera) are all free.

And the Story telling is now done here, and not at the toy shop.

The area opens at 10 AM, or 11 AM when the park opens at 10 Am on slow days, and remain open until 6 PM. The basic rotation has 3 princesses coming out from the Main Stage area, and then goes to Photo area to allow 3 other princesses to take a break. So you usually have 6 different princesses in the area, 3 on stage, and 3 off, with the exception for a few minutes when they bring out the 3 new ones.

The only one who doesn't perform in the area is Ariel, who still has her own area next to Buzz Lightyear.

mommy-san
01-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks!
Ever see any of the princes there, too?
My 2-year old wants to dance with Cinderella's prince!

DangerMouse
01-13-2007, 08:37 AM
On Monday we saw Prince Phillip there. I mean, I saw him when I peeked around the corner to see who was doing the greets. We never did get to meet him though. Too long of a wait.

DalOwnerx3
01-13-2007, 10:00 PM
We were there on Friday. I agree that it was confusing. An older Japanese couple got in line behind us and waited for about 15 minutes. When we started chatting with them, we found out that they didn't know what the line was for and quickly left.

A big hint - you don't need to get in line to do the crafts or see the show. The line is only to take pictures with the princesses.

Also, if you happen to get to the front of the line when the live show starts, you may be disappointed with the "replacement princesses". When we were there, the three princesses were Aurora, Snow White and Mulan (which was a big plus because our daughter dressed up as Mulan for Halloween). We just finished with the last princess when the show was about to start. Mulan switched with Pocohantas and Aurora switched with Minnie Mouse :confused: I don't know who Snow White switched with. Mulan/Aurora/Snow White were in the show.

babytmakes5
01-14-2007, 09:13 AM
We got in line early in the day and saw some princesses and got lots of great photos. My daughter was on "princess overload" after waiting for so long, so we left the area and came back the next day. We had her hair done (so adorable) and face painted after she did the coronation. One of my boys also got his face painted there, which made him so happy since he was feeling left out after leaving the Jedi Training show without being picked. We saw most of the princes there as well. While she was getting her hair done Prince Phillip came over and chatted with her--she was in awe! She was wearing her Aurora t-shirt, and he said, "That's my beautiful wife on your shirt, you must be a friend." It was cute. There were also other princes there keeping my two boys occupied in the craft area too. Overall, we really enjoyed our time at the Princess Faire. We liked it so much because it was so relaxed and we weren't faced with a mad frenzy--we found it to be a wonderful, enjoyable time for all of us.

kaybee2
01-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I think the whole concept of having to line up to meet princesses, instead of finding them in front of the castle, to be sad, but I do have to say good things about the PFF.

DD & I went there Friday and got in line to meet princesses at ~5:15. Line wasn't too long, we went in and met three princesses. We were too late for the last Coronation (on the hour every hour 11-5 except for 3:00), but did get to see Belle read a story. One of the ladies in waiting and Pocahontas were near the story area and talked and played w/DD for a good 15 minutes.

We went back yesterday, saw the Coronation, saw the Lady in waiting again (she remembered my daughter's name - awesome!). 3 princesses come out for the coronation and dance around maypole-type things w/participants. Then I got in line to meet princesses again and DD (she's 7) listened to Cinderella tell a story. They had a princess change while we were in there and she got a bonus princess, so we met four.

Is it all clear? No, there aren't signs for stuff, but if you ask a CM they will happily tell you what's going on and where. I went in with a negative view of things but came away pretty darn positive.

Hope this helps,
Karen

nvmom
01-14-2007, 11:31 AM
How nice to hear a couple of good experiences recently. Perhaps my dd (age 9 but still a princess at heart) and my 4 yr old son will enjoy it. Thanks.

nvmom

10stime
01-14-2007, 05:53 PM
We were there december 17th-21st. My 2 nieces had brought their princess dresses from home (one who is 7 was cinderella and the other who is 5 was holiday belle) and we did pay to have the hair done. It was probably one of my most favorite memories from our family trip. The two girls watching and smiling at each other in awe while getting their hair done to look like their favorite princess (they loved the glitter and flowers they put in their hair)! We then waited in line for pics which actually turned out to be some of our fave pics from the trip of the girls hugging and chatting with the princesses (I think you get more one on one time after waiting through that long line than at the princess lunch that we had also done). The show was a blast and it's all the girls talk about anymore. I would recommend it highly and had we known how much fun they were going to have we would have done it more than once.
PS. Us older princesses even got a kick out of going down with them and learning the dance.

raediance
02-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Has anyone seen the Princess show where the Snow White one used to be? What are your remarks?

stan4d_steph
02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Has anyone seen the Princess show where the Snow White one used to be? What are your remarks?Threads merged. See above for responses.

raediance
02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
oooo. i thought it was a show or something. that's why i was so weirded out when i read that it was at 10:00am, and i was like "oh we'll never see it". thanks. =]

mamatojade
02-08-2007, 01:18 PM
How much do they charge to have the children's hair done?

VickiC
02-08-2007, 02:14 PM
I don't like the new way to meet princesses at all. We got in line at 11:30 this morning. While in line for an hour the pricess lineup changed twice. DD has only met and gotten autographs in the past from Sleeping Beauty and Belle, who were in one rotation with Pocohantas, while Jasmine, Snow White and Cinderella were the others, all of whom she'd have liked to meet and take photos with. When we got to the front they were just leaving, so she took a photo with and got an autograph from Mulan. Not worth the hour wait in my opinion. Our only chance to see the other three was to get back in line for another hour and hope that when we got to the front they would be there.

mommy-san
02-08-2007, 06:51 PM
i agree, total waste of time. We waited and waited and waited in line- for 2 princesses. Once we got to the princesses, All the while we felt like we were being rushed out of the photo op area. There is little indication as to what you are actually standing in line for... if we had know we'd only get 2 photos we would have just gone to the coronation etc. and left. And the product in the store there was no different than anywhere else. I loved the way it used to be. Walking past the castle and catching a glimpse of a princess made the magic come alive for us.

DL addict
02-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Is this the only way to meet princesses now at DL?
I know over in DCA there is Ariels Grotto and something else. I have never had to pay attention to them before since I would take my nephews, but my next trip will include my 2 yo neice. She loves the princesses, but I really don't want to stand in line for something we aren't sure we will get.

VickiC
02-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Other than Ariel who still has her special seat, this appears to be it for the Princesses at DL.

IdahoMike
02-10-2007, 09:35 AM
We didn't see them any other place in DL, but in DCA, you can meet most of them. Cinderella and Aurora were both part of the "Drawn to the Magic" show several times, and we also met Belle and Snow White on the street on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. No Mulan, Jasmine or Pocahontas though. I almost forgot, you can meet Jasmine at the Aladdin storytelling show between the Tiki Room and the Jungle Cruise.

JustMe29
02-24-2007, 04:13 AM
Did anyone know how much it is to do the hair and make up at the faire?

yenko427
02-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Cinderella was at Goofy's Kitchen when we were there.

babytmakes5
02-24-2007, 03:57 PM
:) When we went last fall, we paid a little under $30 for hair and facepainting for my daughter and facepainting for my little boy. I think we could have done it for a bit less, but we had a fair amount of glitter, ribbons, and flowers, which added to the cost. Sorry I don't have the breakdown of what they charge for each service...but that may give you a good idea. Have fun--this was one of the favorite things we did during our last trip!