PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Pass question

jennia
01-12-2007, 01:20 PM
A couple of questions about the shopping pass. Is it shopping only or would dining be covered?

Is it possible to set up the passes in advance and/ or how hard is it to get them?

I'll be at a convention at the end of the month at the Anaheim Convention Center and was thinking of taking a group over to Disneyland for dinner after the show **if** it is allowed and fairly easy to set up.

OK, last question, if I was going to call the park to ask these questions who would I call?

Malcon10t
01-12-2007, 01:31 PM
A couple of questions about the shopping pass. Is it shopping only or would dining be covered?

Is it possible to set up the passes in advance and/ or how hard is it to get them?

I'll be at a convention at the end of the month at the Anaheim Convention Center and was thinking of taking a group over to Disneyland for dinner after the show **if** it is allowed and fairly easy to set up.

OK, last question, if I was going to call the park to ask these questions who would I call?The problem come down to the pass allows 1 hour only. 61 minutes, they bill your credit card for a day pass. (I have cut the line to say "I'm here and under 60 minutes" when it was a long line so they wouldn't bill me.) I don't know how they would handle a group doing this. You might check and see if whatever show you are with is offering evening tickets, which can sometimes be a lot cheaper, you just don't enter til 6pm.

jennia
01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
I didn't even get to the can I do it or can't I, I called Disneyland and Guest Services closes at 5PM so there is no way I can do it even if Disney allows dining/ shopping on a shopping pass. The convention doesn't get out until after 5PM and we'd want to go after the convention.

Darn, it was such a great idea, too!

Malcon10t
01-12-2007, 01:48 PM
I didn't even get to the can I do it or can't I, I called Disneyland and Guest Services closes at 5PM so there is no way I can do it even if Disney allows dining/ shopping on a shopping pass. The convention doesn't get out until after 5PM and we'd want to go after the convention.

Darn, it was such a great idea, too!Only the phone closes at 5. The window at the park closes when the park closes. I have gone there MANY times after 9pm and they have been open.

DangerMouse
01-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Most conventions at the Anaheim Convention Center offer evening passes for around $30. I would check into that.

MinnieMomma
01-15-2007, 08:08 AM
I went last Tuesday at 5:30 to take care of an AP billing problem and the window at Guest Services was closed at 5, but Information Services told me to go to "Window 5" at the ticket lines and they would take care of all the Guest Services issues if I asked for the Lead. Worked like a charm.

Jestyr
01-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Shopping Passes are not issued past 4pm.

SarahJanet
01-17-2007, 05:17 PM
What's a shopping pass?

Jestyr
01-19-2007, 01:54 PM
What's a shopping pass?

A Shopping Pass allows a guest to enter Disneyland for the purpose of purchasing merchandise for exactly one hour without requiring a passport or ticket media. Your credit card is charged for the full price of a one day ticket for any time spent in the park over an hour.

parkfreak
01-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I may be totally forgetting, but is there any merchandise that you can buy inside the park that you can't buy at World of Disney?