PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget, CHA [Craft Hobby Association convention] January 28-31 in Anaheim

backsthepack
01-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Just a reminder that the CHA convention will be at the Anaheim Convention Center the 28th-31rst for those that are going to be at Disneyland during that time frame. The hotels will be busier as will the parks (I know most are planning a DL trip with their families since they are going to be right there). It will probably make the parks a little busier than they normally would be.

raediance
01-12-2007, 08:20 AM
We were planning to go! Thanks for the tip! We'll probably bump it up.

Andrew
01-12-2007, 08:39 AM
What is CHA?

backsthepack
01-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Craft and Hobby Association convention. It is held twice a year (I think) at different locations around the U.S. It is pretty big and draws very large crowds.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-12-2007, 10:04 AM
We were planning to go! Thanks for the tip! We'll probably bump it up.

Avoid next weekend, the NAM convention is at the convention center, all of the decent hotels surrounding the parks are sold out or have bumped the rates way up. IF you look at the convention center website there is a place that shows how many conventioneers they expect. We just changed our plans to go the weekend of the 28th.

jennia
01-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Anaheim has landed CHA for the next 8 YEARS so every January for the next 8 years count on having the added challenge of CHA in town. Summer CHA is in Chicago every year.

I'll be at CHA not Disneyland that week! :eek:

adriennek
01-12-2007, 01:19 PM
There won't be many hotel rooms the first weekend of March. The Catholics are coming to town (http://www.recongress.org/). ;)

It's a fine time to go to DLR because they mostly stick to the Convention Center, but boy, getting a room can be tough.

Adrienne

yenko427
01-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I am surprised that their are so many rooms available if the CHA is that big. No problems booking any of the resort hotels or at Good Neighbors.........

disneyhound
01-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I am surprised that their are so many rooms available if the CHA is that big. No problems booking any of the resort hotels or at Good Neighbors.........

I checked this as well, most all the hotels are still available for the Craft Convention dates. We will be there, not the craft show, but definately DL!!

Yea!! My vacation is drawing closer by the minute!

yenko427
01-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Us too. I am not a DL expert here but I am assuming if it was going to be that packed wht CHA'ers that the hotel rooms would be booked a lot more than they appear.............. I can see it being busier in the evenings when people get out but I am thinking since many children just got done with a two to three week Christmas break, many parents are not going to yank their kids out of school again. Just a thought.

disneyhound
01-12-2007, 04:19 PM
...I am thinking since many children just got done with a two to three week Christmas break, many parents are not going to yank their kids out of school again. Just a thought.

True; plus it would be folley to believe that everyone attending the craft show would even have children, let alone bring them along...

raediance
01-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Avoid next weekend, the NAM convention is at the convention center, all of the decent hotels surrounding the parks are sold out or have bumped the rates way up. IF you look at the convention center website there is a place that shows how many conventioneers they expect. We just changed our plans to go the weekend of the 28th.

Darn. x( When do you think is the best time to go? Weekdays, probably?

yenko427
01-13-2007, 06:44 AM
We are going Tues. through Friday and leaving on Sat. I figure convention or not, that is the best days to go, besides Monday.

DizneyMommy
01-13-2007, 07:13 AM
IF you look at the convention center website there is a place that shows how many conventioneers they expect. .

Ok, I searched and searched the wesbite and I can't find this... where is it? That is great info to have ahead of time...

njdrummer
01-13-2007, 09:48 AM
www.namm.com should take you there. I
will be at the convention and have attented in the past. I don't know how much park attendence is affected by the convention, but Downtown Disney will be packed Thurs through Sat night.
It is always a wait,plus there are shows at The House of Blues that are nearly impossible to get into and my even require a badge or ticket.
the NAMM show is a convention for the music industry. It's great people watching and quite a few celebrities are around.You may be able to hear some great music in the area since some shows are held outside the conv. center.

virgojmk
01-13-2007, 11:38 AM
We are going Jan 31st-Feb 3rd. And we are pulling the kids out of school on independent studies, just picked up the paperwork yesterday. We could go Presidents week when they are out of school, but my DH will be out of town for a training class, plus even with the CHA don't think it would be as busy as Presidents week, at least I hope not!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Ok, I searched and searched the wesbite and I can't find this... where is it? That is great info to have ahead of time...

There is a link on the site on the right hand side. I've been to NAMM a few times and we decided, that though there really arent that many kids, if the convention center anticipates 35k out of town guests and every hotel within walking distance of the parks is sold out, a few of those people may linger (and might have families in tow) and visit the parks before flying or driving out.

We frequently base our timing on hotel availability. If everything near the parks is booked, its usually ( not always) safe to assume the parks will be somewhat busy.

raediance
01-17-2007, 02:58 PM
so, is that this weekend?

disneyhound
01-17-2007, 03:04 PM
http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-17-2007, 06:26 PM
THank you Disneyhound for posting the link :)