PDA

View Full Version : Walking route from Sheraton Anaheim?

emmah
01-11-2007, 06:34 PM
so, i am staying at the sheraton anaheim (the biggest hotel room ever!!! just had dinner with a very nice glass of pinot from a place in northern california i have never heard of before) and wondering about the best walking route. i came by shuttle and i can tell that DTD is close, but I am a little disoriented. can anyone offer any advice? thanks!

Donald Duck Fan68
01-11-2007, 06:51 PM
This might help:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=88675

To give credit where credit's due, I found it in Alex Stroup's "How far is it?" article from March 2006.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm060329as

Malcon10t
01-11-2007, 06:52 PM
so, i am staying at the sheraton anaheim (the biggest hotel room ever!!! just had dinner with a very nice glass of pinot from a place in northern california i have never heard of before) and wondering about the best walking route. i came by shuttle and i can tell that DTD is close, but I am a little disoriented. can anyone offer any advice? thanks!
Its a pretty long walk, over a mile. Sheraton has a shuttle to the tram area. I would recommend that. If you really want to walk, go out to Ball, turn right (west) follow the traffic signs to DTD. Maybe someone would know if there is a way to get to the Mickey and Friends tram road from Disneyland Dr. then you could follow it to where teh trams pick up and drop off near WOD.

These directions will put you on the opposite side of the park from the shuttle pick up.

Baloo
01-11-2007, 10:54 PM
the map that is posted gives you a good idea of the area but you do not need to walk all the way south to either DTD or the parks gates. There is a much shorter way. If you take the shuttle they normally go on a counterclockwise orientation around the whole resort and sometimes make several stops if its not a hotel specific shuttle then drops you off in the resort the shuttle drop off and could take quite awhile.

It might be faster to walk if you want a little excersice and a nice walk.

When you exit the hotel go towards the sidewalk and cross Ball road in either corner of the hotel property. Once you cross stay on the east side of Disneyland drive and walk s short distance using the sidewalk. connected to this sidewalk there is a deviated path that is used by pedestrains and castmemebrs to access the disneyland backstage gate as well as the parking structure. this walkway goes under the overpasses and drops you off directly into the bottom level of the parking structure and a st of staircases.

Since the bottom level has no direct access to the tram loading area go up one small flight of stairs to the second level and then take either the elevator back down or the escalator which will bypass the tram route and rop you directly in the tram loading area that takes you to DTD, and the Disneyland resort esplanade where both park entrances are located.

As a suggestion if you do not want to walk back to the hotel late at night from the parking structure area consider taking the hotel shuttle back. Since it will travel counterclockwise up Harbor it is a short drive for you to be dropped off. (Notice some hotels have their own shuttles others use anaheim resort shuttle system or private corporations that pick up and drop of at various hotel stops. You hotel stop would mostlikely be one of the first at night when dropping of just make sure you ask at the front desk what shuttle system they use and if the shuttle has a designated route letter assigned so that you know which shuttle drop area to wait for the shuttle.

the shuttle area at the resort is on the east side of the esplanade but heir area various drop of points for each shuttle service).

hope that helps

Opus1guy
01-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Walk out the hotel's front door, turn right and go to Ball Road, turn right on Ball Road, then turn left at the signal (Disneyland Drive), and walk down the path (staying on the left side of the street) all the way to Downtown Disney.

I'm an old fart and actually just love that walk from the Sheraton to Downtown Disney via Disneyland Drive. I don't understand folks that say it's too long a walk. It's not even a mile before you enter Downtown Disney. It's a lovely stroll. And it's one of the most beautifully landscaped walks and areas in the Anaheim Resort. A real hidden treasure that pathway is. IMHO.

Funny thing is that when the timing is just right...we often beat the shuttle!

Welcome to SoCal emmah! Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Malcon10t
01-12-2007, 06:41 AM
If you take the shuttle they normally go on a counterclockwise orientation around the whole resort and sometimes make several stops if its not a hotel specific shuttle then drops you off in the resort the shuttle drop off and could take quite awhile.
The Anaheim Sheraton has its own shuttle, it is not part of ART. It goes from the hotel to the park directly.

Vegitabeta
01-12-2007, 07:22 AM
The Anaheim Sheraton has its own shuttle, it is not part of ART. It goes from the hotel to the park directly.
And the drivers are usually very friendly!

Wendi
01-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Walk out the hotel's front door, turn right and go to Ball Road, turn right on Ball Road, then turn left at the signal (Disneyland Drive), and walk down the path (staying on the left side of the street) all the way to Downtown Disney.

I'm an old fart and actually just love that walk from the Sheraton to Downtown Disney via Disneyland Drive. I don't understand folks that say it's too long a walk. It's not even a mile before you enter Downtown Disney. It's a lovely stroll. And it's one of the most beautifully landscaped walks and areas in the Anaheim Resort. A real hidden treasure that pathway is. IMHO.

Funny thing is that when the timing is just right...we often beat the shuttle!

Welcome to SoCal emmah! Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

We just stayed there in November and we used the shuttle most days (very nice shuttle, on time and fantastic, friendly drivers). Decided to take a leisurely stroll on Thanksgiving morning since we were in no rush and didn't plan on doing much but wandering around DTD for a while at that time. It was a gorgeous walk and very relaxing. I wouldn't consider it a normal "walking distance" hotel, and I wouldn't do the walk in and out of the parks each time because the shuttle is far more convenient (and far less tiring!), but it was a pleasant stroll. There are tons of Birds of Paradise plants along the way.

emmah
01-13-2007, 07:20 AM
hi everyone and thanks for the advice. i actually walked yesterday before checking to see if anyone replied, and it was easy - i just crossed at ball street and walked down disneyland drive. it was such a easy walk - it took 10 minutes to get into the middle of DTD - 15 minutes from room to the gates. and it was such a chilly morning - hats and gloves - that it was really lovely to be out in the fresh air. i caught the shuttle back because after 11 hours of solid walking, i was exhausted - the shuttle took 3 minutes and apart from the little brothers fighting in their waaaay-past-bedtime daze, it was lovely. and having said that, i am about to do the walk again. thanks again!!:)