PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Balcony Food

SpaceMTJunkie
05-30-2002, 05:01 AM
We are going to be at Disneyland at the end of June and we have tickets for balcony seating for Fantasmic. What type of food and or drinks can I expect while on the balcony? Are all the seats really good or should I get there early to try to get the front row? What is your opinion of the balcony seating?

heidiwhr
05-30-2002, 06:45 AM
Some friends of mine did the balcony seating a while back, and said that they served coffee and tea, and a ton of gormet cakes and desserts - kind of an all you can eat type of thing, but just dessert. I decided the cost wasn't worth it, so i have never tried it myself. Have fun!!!

MouseWife
05-30-2002, 06:52 AM
I have never done it before but I have understood it to be only desert.

But, hey, I have also never seen all of Fantasmic! or had a good view.

So, this should be fantastic!!

I think the dinner show is for Blast!!

There are threads about these somewhere.................

MammaSilva
05-30-2002, 07:05 AM
as a someone who has done the balcony several times I would get there early in hopes of the front row since they have changed the way you get tickets, in the past it was day of only first sold first seated, I'm not sure how they will do it with this month out thing....as for the food, you are going to be a little disapointed, once upon a time it was a scrumpous buffet of desserts, but I read an update that said this year they will be handing each guest a lovely box with an assortment of treats and a drink....not the Gold standard worth and extra 45 dollars IMHO, but the view of the show can NOT be beat, the sound system on the balcony is incredible and if you were lucky/smart enough to book the early show then you get the bonus of watching the fireworks from there as well.

downingfamily1
05-30-2002, 09:26 AM
My husband and I will be doing the balcony on our trip in June also. We have done it before and it was always worth the money. The seats can not be beat. I emailed the Disneyland Resort and it said that the balcony seating has a variety of desserts while the other premium seating receives a souvenir box with treats in it. Hopefully this means that the balcony serves the same buffet as it always has, those desserts are amazing.

-Julie

RStar
05-30-2002, 12:18 PM
I got balcony seating once without the deserts, so I can't say about that. But I have to say, even though the view and sound are great, and not having to stake out a spot 4-5hrs. in advance is nice(not to mention having a chair), there is somrthing to say about sitting up against the fence at the Rivers of America for this show. Feeling the mist in your face and the heat of the fire, and just the close-up view can hardly be beat. If you have never seen the show, you may want to try to see it twice, first from the balcony and then from the center front at the fence (look for the "picture spot" sign). It's worth it! It's one of the best shows Disney has ever put on. I have even seen it from the chairs next to the sound booth and it's not as good as right against the fence!:D

SpaceMTJunkie
05-30-2002, 03:20 PM
Thanks all. I have seen the show and have been directly in the middle up against the Rivers of America fence. It is a lot of fun having the spray hit you. And of course I got tickets for the 9pm showing in order to watch the fireworks after. A little more bang for my bucks. :)

downingfamily1
05-30-2002, 03:45 PM
What night are you going to do the balcony? We are going to the 9pm show on Wednesday 19th.

Dave Z
05-30-2002, 03:53 PM
I know I could find this but I just love talking to you guys. :) Do you get reservations by calling the DINE #?

TIA DZ

downingfamily1
05-30-2002, 04:14 PM
You can call Disneyland Group Sales at 714-781-4400 up to 30 days in advance to get tickets.

Jason Reynolds
05-30-2002, 04:32 PM
I would like to partake in this Fantasmic Buffet, has anyone made reservations recently? Can you tell me if the seats are selling out? The weekend of June 22nd would be when I want to see it.

SpaceMTJunkie
05-30-2002, 05:54 PM
I will be on the balcony on June 25 at 9pm. At the time that I made reservations, there were only 7 seats left.

EandCDad
05-30-2002, 05:57 PM
Kevin Yee wrote an article way back when about how they prepare for the Fantasmic Buffet. At least I think I did. I looked on his page and didn't find it. Kevin, if you still have that article, can you post a link, some of the people going may want to read it.