PDA

View Full Version : Proposal Advice

Pages : [1] 2

ScottDisneyFan
01-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Opinion...where do you think the best spot at Disneyland is to propose?

LibertyCall
01-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Hmmmm....

I think on the Mark Twain, maybe. Or maybe in front of castle. Throw a coin in and make a wish, "I wish you would marry me...", get on one knee, etc. AGAIN, I'm such a dork. See my other dorky suggestion on the other thread, LOL.

Andrew
01-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Get on the last row of the last car of the parking lot tram, and ask the CM on the back platform if you can borrow his/her microphone for a special announcement. Only recommended if your proposee is not easily embarrassed.

Bolivar
01-11-2007, 09:49 AM
It would depend on your girlfriend. My wife would have hated for me to propose anywhere public. Afterwards she liked showing off her ring and telling people we just got engaged, but she would not have liked for the proposal to be the kind where a lot of people are watching and then all start clapping. But some love that kind of thing. So, I would first think about which type of proposal she would want: public or private. That will really change the nature and the location one way or the other.

MollyTrolly
01-11-2007, 09:51 AM
I my DH would have proposed to me at DL I would have wanted it to be probably in front of the castle, maybe over by the wishing well (when it was empty). You could also do it on her favorite ride, maybe right before you get on, get down on one knee in front of everyone and propose right there.

If you want something more quiet and romantic, maybe someplease in NOS would be nice.

Congrats!

hlbtimes2
01-11-2007, 09:58 AM
My neice just got engaged a couple weeks before Christmas. He got down on one knee right after the fireworks ended. They were in the hub, near the partners statue.

dsnyredhead
01-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Pick a place that is special to both of you. If you have a favorite attraction, show, restaurant or spot in the park that you both enjoy that would be a good place.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
01-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Pick a place that is special to both of you. If you have a favorite attraction, show, restaurant or spot in the park that you both enjoy that would be a good place.

I would second that. It's nice to go back and revisit the exact spot where you got engaged and to someday take your children there to show them. My DH proposed to me at Disneyland, inside Sleeping Beauty's castle when they still had the walk-through upstairs (I'm one of those propose in private people). We can't visit that exact spot anymore, but it's fun to go to the park and have my three DDs look up and point to the castle and know that's where it all began.:)

ScottDisneyFan
01-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions!

yohomama212
01-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Oh.. didn't see this thread... check out my response here... http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=65244

Liz :cool:

OneDisneyCrazyGirl
01-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I already answered also. I love the idea of having Mickey get on one knee and you stepping in to propose. I am a shy gal that wanted a private proposal and I would have loved that too.

yellowrosedtxn
01-11-2007, 01:12 PM
I like the Mickey idea as well. That would be cool!

ScottDisneyFan
01-11-2007, 01:22 PM
I didn't want to hijack the other thread so I started this one

All good suggestions!

yohomama212
01-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Have you popped the question yet? What did you do? What did she say? We... er... uhm... I... want details!

Liz :cool:

RockDoc07
01-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Scott-

The one thing I will definitely tell you to make sure you do is to talk to the CM photographers and try to set something up with them. When I popped the question in front of the castle, I talked to the CMs at various times of the day to try to set something up. When I went and finally did it, I gave the CM my camera as a ruse, and he took a great picture of me and my DF with the castle in the background for free like they normally will. However, then, as I began to go into the motions he kept taking pictures!! He then did a great job of getting the exact moment I got down on my knee and you can see the surprise on her face. He did this with his camera, which made for great moments later on too when we went to get the pictures at the Kodak store. We have a great souvenir for us, and our parents! So definitely get the photogs in on it.

When we went to order the photos at the end of the night, the CM asked us how our day was. I said "Excellent" as I handed her the little voucher. Her eyes lit up as the photo came up on the screen. Then she ran around and was showing it to all the other CMs as it was coming out of the printer. Then all the CMs in the store were applauding. It was an unforgettable experience.

So get the photogs involved. That's my $0.02

Hope it helps.

Cool Runnings!
Doc

GORGON
01-13-2007, 03:58 PM
GORGON thinks beside castle where the dwarves live. Nice and Private late at night . Right by the wishing well.

BayAreaDisneyFan
01-13-2007, 06:06 PM
It doesn't help the OP, but a friend of mine proposed on the old Skyway between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, with a line something like: "It would be a Fantasy to spend all of my Tomorrows with you." I thought that was pretty cool.

dopey076
01-13-2007, 07:02 PM
My husband proposed to me by the wishing well.

capst
01-14-2007, 02:48 PM
As I've replied to this question before...August 1982, on the Matterhorn, on the lift, I proposed. Why there? If she started screaming "NO." everyone would just think it was the ride. She said yes. It's been 2 DD's, 2 DS's, a stone in the entrance plaza and AP's for the last 5 years.

Chadsgal
01-14-2007, 05:42 PM
We helped my brother propose on splash. My husband & I are holding the signs & my brother and his now wife & step daughter are in front.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/chadsgal/disneylandjune05319-1.jpg
Sorry if the pic is to big.

LibertyCall
01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
We helped my brother propose on splash. My husband & I are holding the signs & my brother and his now wife & step daughter are in front.

Sorry if the pic is to big.

Coolest. Proposal. Ever.:eek: :)

Mickeygirlforever
01-14-2007, 07:20 PM
I always thought it would be cool to get proposed to in the Blue Bayou.

junglemom
01-14-2007, 08:42 PM

Sorry if the pic is to big.OMG, that is so awesome! Thank you for sharing!

aricbell
01-14-2007, 09:09 PM
I'd say on Tom Sawyer Island, it's quiet and peacefull, right next to the waterfall:cool:

RockDoc07
01-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Scott, any word on how it went?

Doc